Help needed w/ Inspirational stole

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Dec 6, 2012 2:09 PM

I've been working on Inspirational stole in Winter 2011 issue of Interweave crochet. I'm having trouble on the 5th round of the border. I've come to the end of the first corner which is  :  (cl,ch5,cl) bet last skipped dc &next dc, ch3, sk last 2 dc. Problem I have no last 2 dc on corner & the beg of the short side isn't working out. I've tried following the chart but at that point it doesn't go along w/ the written directions. HELP! what do I do or did?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jsyginpdx wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 8:41 PM

Hi,

I am in the exact same struggling frustrating place with the directions as you mentioned.  I was on ravelry and saw several posts that people mentioned the directions don't match the chart.   It seems a few have adapted and adjusted but I still am not sure how to approach it.  Have you figured it out?

On ravelry this is what someone did:

Anyway, on row 5 after the corner: skipped 2 dcs and then put the ch3lps across the 10dc fan. That got the clusters where they should be.

Another said this:

**chart in IC mag is wrong for the short side of row 5, setting up the cluster fans. The short side should have the V cluster sitting on top of the 10 dc group colums, the chart is off by 5 stitches. I did not crochet it using the written pattern, just the chart because the pattern was complicated & I’m a more visual person. See my photos of the short row OR check out the designer’s pics***

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jan 5, 2013 2:44 PM

Jsyginpdx,

Sorry for waiting so long to answer. I've been involved w/ other projects. First, thanks for interducing me to ravelry. Is was good to know it wasn't me !!

I look over some of the possiblities & choose to go w/ Vanna's since it was the way I was thinking of how to approach it. I mirrored the corners by ch3, skp 5dc, ch3lp bet last skp dc & next dc (middle of 4dc). skp next 2dc, ch3lp bet next 2dc,  skp 3dc, ch3lp bet next 2 dc. Go bak to previous pattern. Thi gives only 3 ch3lp at the corner so make the adjustments in row 6. I believe this will allow the corner to lay smooth. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS