Yarn help!

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
meggera007 wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 10:06 PM

Hello Everyone. :) 

I'm in need of two specific colors in ruffle yarn -- solid blue, and solid white. The reason why I need those two colors is because they are the colors of the University of Kentucky, and since I live in Kentucky I'm completely surrounded by UK Basketball and UK Football fans. Also, a lady who is on my mother-in-laws Facebook friends list saw a picture of one of my ruffle scarves that I made because my mother-in-law shared the picture on her news feed, to help spread the word that I'm creating these beautiful scarves. Anyway, the lady saw the picture and asked my mother-in-law if I could make her two scarves in blue and white. When my mother-in-law asked me if I would, I said I would look around and see if I could find the right colors and if I did, then I would let her know that I can make the scarves.

The yarn I used was the Red Heart Boutique Sashay yarn, and they DO have solid blue and solid white. However, when I checked Red Heart's website, the white or 'aran' color is out of stock and there's no date under the listing telling when it's going to be restocked. The solid blue in the Sashay yarn is in stock. I was honestly hoping to purchase the blue and the white yarn together and get two balls of each color since I'll be making two scarves. I've tried looking on the following websites for the colors: Joanns, Michaels, Ebay, Amazon, Hobby Lobby, knitting-warehouse, and a ton more.. I'm trying to find a great site that has the colors I need in stock and some slightly cheaper prices than what Ebay and Amazon have to offer... It's really starting to bother me that I can't find a decent price on the colors I need and the brand that I want. 

Also if you know of any ruffle yarns that come in the colors I need but are a different brand than Red Heart, please feel free to list those and where to find them. Thanks in advance everyone! :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
meggera007 wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 3:47 PM

Bump. Anyone have any suggestions?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 28
physicsgirl wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 5:17 PM

Doing a quick search:

This site appears to have the Red Heart yarn you want in stock:  http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/yarn-coats-red-heart-boutiquesashay.html

They look decent and reputable... but I haven't ordered from them (since I almost 99% tend to purchase my yarn from local shops).

Plymouth yarn Joy had a nice white, but the blues were a bit variegated, as were the colorways for a lot of other brands through a quick search.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS