Hi there...New to crochet and need help with a pattern please!

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
dvetro wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 10:05 PM

Hi! I am working on a doggie sweater and have run into an issue understanding my pattern and they say the skill level is easy! Ha!...ok here's the question. I am working on the leg opening and it says Joining row: (WS) Pat across 9 sts. Ch 7 pat across 55 sts ch 7 pat to end of row. now before this I did Work 2 1/2 ins [6 cm] ending wth RS row.

is this making sense? Well, it is a bernat pattern called "Super Value Crochet Dog Coat and I am doing it in an extra large for my boxer. I've done pretty well up until this point now I am lost. 

Any takers in wanting to help me? :))))

Thanks Danielle

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 506
Char55 wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 8:31 AM

Your instructions say:

Joining row: (WS) Pat across 9 sts. Ch 7 pat across 55 sts ch 7 pat to end of row. now before this I did Work 2 1/2 ins [6 cm] ending wth RS row.

Since you finished with a RS (right side) row, you would then

Turn. On WS (wrong side), work your pattern stitch (the one you were using for the previous rows) for 9 stitches; chain 7 (this will be the opening for the first leg); work pattern stitch for the next 55 stitches; chain 7 (this will be the opening for the 2nd leg); work pattern stitch to end of row. 

Hope this helps.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Beth Vaccaro wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 4:20 PM

Remember you might need to chain more than 7 if you are making the coat in a larger size!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kotin09 wrote
on May 3, 2013 3:31 PM

I was looking for instructions as this, thank you, are very helpful

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS