Possible typo in Quartz Lace Top, Interweave Winter 2013?

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
coppertop583 wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 5:02 PM

I'm loving the Quartz Lace Top pattern in Interweave Crochet's Winter 2013 issue, but am suddenly stuck at the beginning of Rnd 25!  The pattern says to begin V-sts in previous row, but describes the previous row as rnd 5 from the lace pattern, although I have ended at rnd 4 from the lace pattern!

I've done the math, and can't see how this is possible... If the lace pattern is grouped into 5 rows per "set," and I've ended on Rnd 24, then theoretically I should still be missing the last rnd from that "set" in the lace pattern?  But for some reason the pattern makes it sound like I should have finished 5 rows from the "set."

To be entirely clear, the pattern asks for Rnd 25, "...V-st in each V-st and center ch of each ch-3 sp around..." however the round I have just finished is the round with the "fan" stitch, so there is no ch-3 sp in this row; they appear in the next row.  I do have 14 V-st in each corner as the pattern says I should have at this point.

Also, Rnd 1 of the top pattern starts at rnd 1 of the lace pattern, so there can't be any confusion there.  (The first row of V-st is called "Set-up Rnd," so I know that's not the issue.)

Finally, I've looked at the photos and it definitely looks like the "set" of 5 for the lace pattern was finished before this Rnd 25 began.  I'm thinking I need to crochet the final row of this "set," I'm just not sure if I should increase or not since I won't be following the pattern to do it.

Has anyone noticed this?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,239
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 1:42 PM

We don't currently have any errata for this pattern, but we are having the tech editor look into this pattern to see if there was possibly a typo. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best wishes,

Toni

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
Nickiie wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 12:43 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that i found the same thing at Rnd 25. I worked around it by referring to rnds 5 & 10 of lace pattern (V-st in each 3 V-st set, 3 ch, V-st in the centre ch-2 sp of the fan, 3 ch). Looking at the pics of the arms this is how the final rnd of the yoke looks to me, rather then a v st in every v st and 3 ch space. The next round i worked was rnd 1 of body working a v st in each v st and centre ch of each ch-3 sp. I then continued the pattern as it is written. I didn't need to increase to make it work. Hope this helps.

Nicki

Nicki @ Nicki's Yarn

Not Ranked
Posts 2
coppertop583 wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 1:19 PM

Hi Nicki,

I basically did the same thing as you.  I just worked in the last round of the lace pattern without increasing.  I was a little creative in this round making sure that even though I didn't increase, I kept the same (dc, ch1, dc, ch1, dc) sequence in the corners from the previous increase.  Not sure if that was a bad idea, but I wasn't patient enough to wait.  

:)

-Danielle 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
gwengoods wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 12:19 PM

I noticed the same thing too, and I am just finishing the lace pace and moving on to the Body Rnd 1.  After consulting the picture I think that we will match up and I did not increase on the last lace round.  This pattern is challenging and really forces you pay attention.  I am glad they included so many pictures to reference.  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS