color problems

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
on Jan 25, 2013 3:15 PM

hi, Does anyone know a solution for this problem; I crocheted necklaces using blue/green colored yarn. I have tried to take pictures with two cameras but I still don't get the right color and it bothers me because then the beautiful color wont show as the right one in the picture! One of the cameras show the right color but when I put the picture on my laptop the color changes totally! https://www.etsy.com/listing/121643806/crocheted-owl-necklace

What to do? Sad

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,239
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 3:59 PM

Hi,

On my screen it shows up as a beautiful bright turquoise. Remember that your computer screen may show colors differently. You can try calibrating your computer screen or looking on a friend's computer. Using a neutral gray as a background was a good idea.

Best wishes,

Toni

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
on Jan 26, 2013 9:23 AM

Thank you, I'm glad you say that because it bothers me that my screen shows a different color. I hope others see the right color :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
Chester2010 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 2:10 PM

That is a cute necklace! 

Do you have to ability to adjust/edit photos on your computer?  Mine (windows 7) has a right-click "format" for photo images.

Kodak Easyshare Software is free and has nice editing abilities.

A white background often seems too bright, your grey is a good choice.

If you could photograph with white, your description could state that background is true white, which might for color clarification.

Also, use words to describe your colors in addition to the photo.

The following link gives some ideas:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Vintage-Clothing-Accessories/Color-Namesthe-List/32348?start=48#msg1006784355

I wish you all the best making and selling your projects.

ps  your Etsy listing says "witch color" should be"which"

which

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
Chester2010 wrote
on Apr 1, 2013 8:46 PM

If you are going to be taking a lot of photos, the investment in an ott light is well worth the price.  Watch JoAnns for coupons and specials.  Artists, quilters, and other crafters enjoy the full spectrum light for best color discernment.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
on Apr 6, 2013 7:52 AM

Hi and thank you  for your help!!

I have photo shop on my computer, it can sometimes be a good help with changing the colors but not always! 

Thank you for the link! Now i'm a bit smarter :)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
deanjhon530 wrote
on May 20, 2013 5:00 AM

Thanks reading the past messages helped me to know what I was doing wrong with my nookcolor. Everytime I download a book that was in PDF format the volume would go out on the nookcolor. So I would have to erase and deregister my device. I was ready to take it back.

deanjhon530

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS