Desperate to find out what stitch this is!!

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Cassandrakm wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 5:04 AM

i would love any help with this stitch. I've looked everywhere and tried several different hooks. What stitch is this and what size hook?? 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83839572/air-rasta-love-cowl-hood-vegan-scarf

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
LI Roe wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 7:00 AM

It almost looks like a V stitch, done with a Q or S hook. 

LI Roe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 522
Char55 wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 9:41 AM

I agree with LI Roe and would add that it's made using 2 strands of yarn. The description says "eggplant" and "grape purple"

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Cassandrakm wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 3:30 PM

That's what I thought. I have tried every v stitch I can find. I am using a q hook right now with two strands. I guess I will just have to keep playing around with v stitches. 

Thank you 

And if anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to share 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Crisses wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 3:41 PM

That could be slip stitch crochet...  I was trying to figure out if it was tunisian...  that's another vague possibility.  It's not dc sc dc V stitch, because the vertical bars are not twisted.  That's why I thought maybe it was tunisian...  You could at least get a similar effect with a large tunisian hook (P or larger), and a tunisian purl + tunisian simple stitch (similar to a honeycomb pattern, only with a larger hook it might start to look like a V stitch...).

But the more I look at the stitches, the more it looks like slip stitches (bosnian crochet)...  I don't know whether you magnified the photo -- click on it.  You can get some very good detail on it.  I haven't done bosnian yet...

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Cassandrakm wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 5:12 PM

Thank you that is the only stitch I haven't tried. The Bosnian stitch. I will let you all know if it works out :) thank you 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Cassandrakm wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 6:03 PM

I also tried the tunisian stockinette stitch and it looks very similar to the picture except that there is a ribbing that appears on the back of the work that does not show up in the picture.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Cassandrakm wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 10:59 PM

I spoke to the artist she said she is self taught and unsure what stitch it is. She thinks she is doing half double crochetl

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS