What is the Name of This Stitch?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
CBzzz Huh? [:^)] wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 10:44 AM
What is this stitch called? (instructions to make a swatch of it)
Ch 24
Row 1: SC in 2nd ch from hook;*insert hook in same ch as last st worked and draw up a loop, insert hook in next ch and draw up a loop, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook*. Repeat from * across. 23 st at end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, *insert hook in same ch as last st worked and draw up a loop, insert hook in next ch and draw up a loop, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook*. Repeat from * across.
Repeat row 2 till swatch measures 9 inches.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In reading it, it sounds like it will be a single crochet decrease, but it isn't. LOL Anyone recognize this and know what it is called? It makes a nice full single crochet stitch, but it has to have a specific name and I am drawing a blank right now. I only had half a cup of decaf coffee this morning ... maybe I need something more potent to get the mind in gear. (grin)

Thanks!

ChrisB

Not Ranked
Posts 4
CBzzz wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 11:49 AM

Ok, I found something similar online, I actually have the old booklet this was taken from. LOL! But it is not exactly the same since the stitch I found goes one sc more than what I posted. It is *similar* to the Trinity Stitch: http://www.yarntomato.com/tutorials/trinity-stitch-tutorial/, but the Trinity stitch ends up with 4 loops on the hook and what I described only has 3. Anyone have a name for what I posted?

ChrisB

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
Chester2010 wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 2:17 PM

After reading your question, I did some internet searching to find that locating a particular crochet stitch pattern is not as easy as you'd think.

I'm sure this is nothing new to you.  There is a lot about trinity stitch and extended single crochet, but nothing that is similar but different.

Amazon has big books of stitch patterns, but even if they have 500, there is no assurance the one we're looking for would be there. 

Did you try the library?  I have a couple nice libraries, and I'll check when I'm there again.

Did you try yahoo answers?

I saw you at Crochetville--was it the paired stitch?  I couldn't find anything with that name.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
on Feb 15, 2013 8:56 AM

It sounds like it might be a starburst stitch.  Check the link below to see if this is it:

http://bloomingpatterns.blogspot.com/2008/04/little-starbursts-dishcloth.html

Not Ranked
Posts 4
CBzzz wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 9:38 AM

Thanks to everyone for their replies. :-)  It looks like we are going with the Paired Stitch.  I also found something similar in a Linked Stitch.

We are going to go with the stitch being either a paired or linked stitch.  :-)

Thank you!!!

ChrisB

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS