Adding on to a pattern?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
mkc23 wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 3:33 PM

I made a granny square and it was too small. I wanted to make it larger. Do I keep adding to the corners each time I make a new row or should I just leave the same amount of stitches for the corners?

Kristi

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,195
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 4:53 PM

Hi Kristi,

Yes, you will want to continue increasing on the corners. This keeps the square shape of the granny square. What are you making with granny squares? I love how versatile they are.

Toni

Not Ranked
Posts 6
mkc23 wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 5:25 PM

I joined a group that does squares and sends them to Africa for children. More info here : http://www.knit-a-square.com/

I didn't add on right for the square that I was talking about so I'll give it another shot. I am really enjoying doing the squares! I find myself searching for new ideas but I think I have plenty to get me started for now. 

Kristi

Not Ranked
Posts 6
mkc23 wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 5:26 PM

But... I'm following a paterrn for a square that doesn't increase the corners right now. So,.. that  confuses me.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,195
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 5:30 PM

Motifs of any kind for an afghan can be addicting. I just finished one myself. If you are looking for more granny square patterns, check out the free granny square eBook. You could even adapt some of the other patterns to blankets. Good luck!

Toni

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS