annies attic calendar bed doll gown

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
amhdav wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 9:58 PM

Hi. I am working on a doll gown and i am having a problem with what i am supposed to do with the cardboard circle and the pillow form. If anyone can please help explain exactly where it supposed to fit on the last rounds I would apperciate it.

Thank you 

angela

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
Chester2010 wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 12:40 PM

Would you be able to post an address for this pattern?  Possibly quote the section of the pattern regarding the doll gown, cardboard circle and pillow form

This would make it easier to help.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
amhdav wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 9:11 AM

For reference I am working on Annies glorious gowns the flower garden collection:rose.  I started with the pillow and then the skirt of pillow form, which goes from round 1to28. On, rounds 1-26, your gown grows from 42 dc to 172 dc, on round 27, you skip every other sitch and on round 28, you skip every other stich. After round 28, you make a drawstring (ch 350) and thread it through last round of skirt (row 28). Then on the Finishing part, you are supposed to "stuff around Tube (which is the what the doll stands in) with the rest of the fiberfill. Cover bottom with a 12-inch diameter cardboard circle. Draw up Drawstring, pulling last rnds under cardboard circle, tie ends in bow."   To me that suggest that somehow the cardboard circle is supposed to be inside the skirt but when you do rnds 27 and 28, the cardboard does not fit.  Hopefully this helps and hopefully someone can help me...

Thank you for your time,

angela

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS