trouble on joining the granny squares.....somebody please help me...

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
benroger Sad [:(] wrote
on Jul 13, 2013 11:40 PM

Please somebody help me!!

I'm a new member here and i love everything about crocheting. but somehow i got a problem with joining the granny squares together. the truth is, granny square is a new pattern for me..and i find it very beautiful so i want to try to make something from it but. as i am a new learner...a beginner, so i dont have that much of experience on how to do this pattern as well as other pattern.

Last week i downloaded an ebook...from this site...and its free... the title is 'How to Crochet Granny Squares with CrochetMe: 8 Free Granny Crochet Patterns'.... So, i try to make the #8 pattern but im stuck when it says i need to join the granny squares.. if only i got some diagram.. maybe i can figure it out.. 

It says that..... First i need to make a full granny square...(and i successfully make it)....but then it says that i need to join the first with subsequent squares... so i was wondering... how am i going to join if i didnt make another full granny square?? or is there any tips on how it was working... really dont understand the instruction given..

my question is... was i have to make lots of granny squares then join them together? if yes..how to join them cuz i dont understand the instruction given. OR I just need to make ONE FULL granny squares and join with the subsequent squares without Fasten off and weave in loose ends????

Not Ranked
Posts 9
padmaK wrote
on Aug 20, 2013 4:44 PM

Yes benroger,

you do have to make a lot of squares to join them. There a lot of ways to join them. I don't know how to add links. But if you goolge search the phrase join squares you will get them.

Personally I like single crochet join. 

Padma

Not Ranked
Posts 4
benroger wrote
on Aug 29, 2013 7:13 AM

thanks padma....

now i know how to do it...thank to you.....really appreciate your reply....Smile Yes

Not Ranked
Posts 9
padmaK wrote
on Aug 30, 2013 6:42 PM

you are welcome. Enjoy. I love granny squares as they can be worked quickly.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS