trouble on joining the granny squares.....somebody please help me...

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
benroger Sad [:(] wrote
on Jul 13, 2013 11:40 PM

Please somebody help me!!

I'm a new member here and i love everything about crocheting. but somehow i got a problem with joining the granny squares together. the truth is, granny square is a new pattern for me..and i find it very beautiful so i want to try to make something from it but. as i am a new learner...a beginner, so i dont have that much of experience on how to do this pattern as well as other pattern.

Last week i downloaded an ebook...from this site...and its free... the title is 'How to Crochet Granny Squares with CrochetMe: 8 Free Granny Crochet Patterns'.... So, i try to make the #8 pattern but im stuck when it says i need to join the granny squares.. if only i got some diagram.. maybe i can figure it out.. 

It says that..... First i need to make a full granny square...(and i successfully make it)....but then it says that i need to join the first with subsequent squares... so i was wondering... how am i going to join if i didnt make another full granny square?? or is there any tips on how it was working... really dont understand the instruction given..

my question is... was i have to make lots of granny squares then join them together? if yes..how to join them cuz i dont understand the instruction given. OR I just need to make ONE FULL granny squares and join with the subsequent squares without Fasten off and weave in loose ends????

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
padmaK wrote
on Aug 20, 2013 4:44 PM

Yes benroger,

you do have to make a lot of squares to join them. There a lot of ways to join them. I don't know how to add links. But if you goolge search the phrase join squares you will get them.

Personally I like single crochet join. 

Padma

Not Ranked
Posts 4
benroger wrote
on Aug 29, 2013 7:13 AM

thanks padma....

now i know how to do it...thank to you.....really appreciate your reply....Smile Yes

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
padmaK wrote
on Aug 30, 2013 6:42 PM

you are welcome. Enjoy. I love granny squares as they can be worked quickly.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS