Finding a design

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Giselle1982 Geeked [8-|] wrote
on Jul 16, 2013 9:31 AM

I have been looking all over for a football pitch (soccer if in USA) design for a blanket. I can not seem to find anything that helps. I have tried online free pattern design websites which are awful and no help at all.

I really want to make this blanket for my friend's little boy as he will love it but I just want to be able to get it right.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 75
LI Roe wrote
on Jul 16, 2013 12:53 PM

I did a google search for soccer crochet afghan patterns and some sites did come up. A couple looked to be graph patterns.

One possibility is to perhaps make a background of green (to simulate the field) and then do large flat soccer balls and attach them all over. There is a pattern on www.e-patternscentral.com (they sell downloadable patterns) for a football field with footballs on it. If you look at that (go to crochet and search for sports patterns), it will come up. Perhaps you can adapt it for soccer.

LI Roe

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Giselle1982 wrote
on Jul 22, 2013 3:27 AM

Thank you for you kind replies. I have looked at the links that you have sent and although they are great patterns they are not quite what I was looking for. I have ended up created my own pattern for now. Wish me luck as I'm still relatively new to crochet and on a huge learning curve.

Thanks again

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Giselle1982 wrote
on Jul 22, 2013 3:27 AM

Thank you for you kind replies. I have looked at the links that you have sent and although they are great patterns they are not quite what I was looking for. I have ended up created my own pattern for now. Wish me luck as I'm still relatively new to crochet and on a huge learning curve.

Thanks again

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS