making a pattern to sell online

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 5
jaesmama12 wrote
on Oct 24, 2013 2:54 PM

Im really hoping someone can help me with this. I've been selling some items online here and there but feel I may have better luck with selling a pattern. I made a up a graph or chart for the pattern and this is the second time ive made it for someone so I know the pattern is fine to sell with no problems. But my problem is Im not exactly sure how to make it into a pdf to sell it online. I bought a new laptop in February so it is running off of windows 8. I know a lot of people don't have that version and was wondering if that would be a problem if someone bought a pattern and didn't have the same programs that I have? Im not exactly sure how the whole pattern thing works like that. Im sure it would be no problem if I was just emailing someone a written pattern but since its a graph is there a certain program I should use to make it? I had to download a program called open office which is like an off brand version of Microsoft and I use its version of excel or spreadsheet to make the graph. Any tips or help? Please Please Please I could use any help you have to offer.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 24, 2013 3:13 PM

Using PDF is fine.  It is the same program used with other operating systems.  The one that comes with Windows 8 (at least, on my windows 8) is Nitro, and that is not common with other computers.  I don't think you will have any trouble with PDF.  I would encrypt your pattern so it cannot be changed online; in fact, by selling it, you should copyright it, also. 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
jaesmama12 wrote
on Oct 24, 2013 3:17 PM

im not very knowledgeable when it comes to the computer end of things. how do I encrypt my pattern? and thanks for the fast response

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Laurel H wrote
on Oct 28, 2013 12:42 PM

Re copyrights:  Yes, do put a statement of ownership and copyright in your pattern.  You do not have to file anything official with the U S Copyright Office for it to be effective.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS