Red Heart Christmas Stocking

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
astranger wrote
on Dec 9, 2013 6:30 PM

I am having a hard time understanding the first row of a pet Christmas stocking from red heart. The directions read.
Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 31 ch, 3 sc in last ch, working on opposite side of ch work 32 sc; turn – 67 sc.

I get right up until it says to crochet 3 single crochets in the last chain, and work on the opposite side of chain.

Hopefully someone can help clear this up for me. :x

Here is the link for the pattern if you need it: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/dog-paws-christmas-stocking?utm_source=Publicaster&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Week%204%20of%2012%20Weeks%20of%20Christmas%20Patterns&utm_content=LW2697+Dog+Paws+Christmas+Stocking

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,221
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Dec 10, 2013 11:48 AM

When you are working the first portion of this Row you are working in the top two loops of the foundation chain you made. There will be a bottom ridge loop, the loop you are not working into. After you work 3 sing crochets in the last chain, turn the chain over so that the single crochets you just worked are now on the bottom and work into that bottom ridge loop that is now on the top. There will be single crochets around the entire foundation chain you made.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
astranger wrote
on Dec 10, 2013 4:27 PM

Thank you very much for replying. I thought that was what it meant but I wasn't 100%. I went ahead and did what I thought was the pattern but now I am confused because during the rest of the pattern it kept telling me to turn the work.

"Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 31 ch, 3 sc in last ch, working on opposite side of ch work 32 sc; turn – 67 sc.

Row 2: Ch 1, sc in 32 sc, [inc] 3 times, sc in remaining 32 sc; turn – 70 sc.

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in 33 sc, inc, sc in next 2 sc, inc, sc in 33 sc; turn – 72 sc.

Row 4: Ch 1, sc in 34 sc, [inc] 4 times, sc in 34 sc; turn – 76 sc."

And I'm confused as if I'm turning the entire work around, or if I'm just working around.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS