parasol frame, crochet accessories

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
BrendaM@16 wrote
on Dec 10, 2013 9:32 AM

Does anyone know where to find the parasol frame for the filagree sunshield in Crochet Accessories, 2014?  Thanks.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lchalifoux wrote
on Jan 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Hi, Brenda.-

Your question intrigued me because I love the idea of making a parasol.  Actually, I just love the idea of a parasol, period.  And that pattern really does look lovely.  

The source should definitely either be in the pattern article itself, or else on the Sources/Resources page that is in almost every magazine. The Sources page should be listed in the table of contents.  If you still can't find it, call Interweave Customer service: 1-866-949-1646, 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday (MST).  I doubt that whoever first answers the call will have the information, but keep politely asking for the call to be escalated until you get the information.  

If indeed the information isn't anywhere in the publications, make sure you stress the point that they need to update their promotional page for that issue on the website with an errata that includes source information.  Because it's just rude to take money from people for a pattern they can't possibly make.  

Either the information is right there someplace in the magazine and you just can't find it, and then you have what you need and can effusively express your gratitude to customer service for their help.  

Or the information isn't actually in the issue, in which case you can politely indicate how embarrassing that must be for them, and how thrilled you are with their publications, and how you'd hate to have to publish a negative review over this one little thing, but really, if they aren't going to do something about it, shouldn't other unsuspecting crocheters be warned before spending their money?

If that doesn't work, I do have a fall-back for you.  It took a bit of digging, based on a query someone posted on Etsy, but I finally found a link to for the more-or-less English language version of an online Japanese retailer that has parasol kits.  They seem to cost about $40 (but shipping might be very expensive).  Here's the link to one kit; you can use the breadcrumb links at the top or the related items at the bottom to navigate to other items.  You'll probably have to type this directly into your browser to get to the US version of the site; clicking on the link will only get you to the Japanese version, and I don't remember how I eventually found my way to the US version.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sankakuya/item/10010604/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

Finally, you could try Lacis. That's the sort of thing they might carry, or know where to get, or be able to special order for you.

Good luck, and I hope you get to make that beautiful parasol!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS