My Crochet Doll by Isabelle Kessedjian

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Feb 10, 2014 6:04 PM

I'm really disappointed with the assembly instructions in this book. It is really lacking.  The patterns are ok, but also seem to lack some. Thankfully, I'm a fairly experienced crocheter and have been able to handle the "missing" information in the patterns, but some of the assembly is so lacking that it's almost a trial and error to get it put together.  Also, there needs to be a warning that the terminology is not US terms.  I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has made the doll and the suitcase from this book .

Not Ranked
Posts 1
bholler wrote
on Feb 13, 2014 3:09 PM

I have made 2 dolls from this pattern.  I have seen reviews of the book and a lot of people are saying the same thing.  I have made a lot of dolls and I guess I never really noticed that there were not assembly instructions on it.  The doll is really cute.  I did take me a minute or two to realize the instructions were not the American instructions but its easy to convert.  I have not made the suitcase yet.  I did noticed that you kind of have to go with your instincts on the clothes.  She uses a bunch of different types of yarns so its kind of a pain.  I usually use a medium weight yarn and I have found that you need to use a crochet hook about 2 sizes bigger to make the clothes than you used with the doll.  I have made a lot of different dolls so it wasn't so bad, but I can see where people could get frustrated with this book.  Did you make the suitcase?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Feb 13, 2014 7:17 PM

I haven't made the suitcase yet. I'm still working on the doll. I read through to see what all I'd need for the suitcase. This set is for my granddaughter and I'm hoping I can get it to turn out ok.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
biscuitbear wrote
on May 18, 2014 6:58 AM

I have made the doll, am going to start a new one with another kind of yarn. Not sure I'll make the suitcase. My doll ended up smaller than the one in the book, and for the clothes I've had to adjust the number of rows and stitches. I haven't had any problems with assembly because I had already made several crochet dolls before.

Photo of my doll here ;

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/320037117242689589/

Not Ranked
Posts 1
pixiecat1 wrote
on Jul 2, 2014 6:54 AM

I have just made this doll and its my first one I found it difficult without assembly instructions, also there is an error in the instructions on how to make the boots, it says make from * to * as the shoe but there is no * so I am stuck with not making them for a beginner its not very good

Just looked at your pin one its fantastic

Lorraine

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Aug 8, 2014 4:55 AM

I have successfully made the doll but am having trouble with the underpants.  It just doesn't make sense when I get the row 17.  Row 16 has a total of 4 dc (US sc) and row 17 ends up with 12.  If I follow the instructions I should have 6.  Can anyone help me.  I love this book but am getting discouraged with the underpants.

Melody

Not Ranked
Posts 1
momizivn wrote
on Aug 21, 2014 4:22 AM

Hi , 

In the book it says Row 17 to 23.....that means you follow the instruction ( 2dc on every first stitch of each row) then at Row 23, you will end up with 12 dc at Row 23 ( not Row 17) 

:)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS