Looking for a pattern - Pot Holders

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
JPrit wrote
on Mar 7, 2014 10:38 PM

Hello,

I am new to your forum and would love to seek your help.  I have been looking for a pattern for a very long time where I could reproduce the pot holders that my grandma made many years ago.  All of our family use them, but they are all beginning to get tattered.  I have this one left and I hate to lose it too. I would love to be able to make them for our family but cannot find the pattern. 

I have found many similar patterns, but the hoop is not the same, the crochet stitch is different or the over all shape is different.  I am not skilled enough to recreate this by view, but I can follow a pattern well.  I would very much like to make it as close to the original as possible.

I know this is wishing for a lot, but I was hoping someone would have a pattern for this pot holder.  I believe it is from the 1950's or early 1960's.

Thank you so much,

Julie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 531
Char55 wrote
on Mar 10, 2014 10:09 AM

This is the closest match I could find...the row patterns are the same except for the colors used. You could make the beginning ring a bit larger in order to avoid having to make the ring with the edging. I would do 10 to 12 chains in the beginning ring and 10 dc on each side of the chain 2 space. When you do the sc row edging, put 5 or 6 sc in the top of the beginning ring to strengthen it.

Your picture appears to have 6 rows of white, followed by 4 rows of multi-color, followed by 4 rows of white, followed by 4 rows of multi-color, followed by 4 rows of white, edged with 1 row of sc multi-color.

Hope this helps.

The free pattern can be found on this link:  http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00722&cat_id=318  Here is the picture:

Not Ranked
Posts 2
JPrit wrote
on Mar 10, 2014 11:00 PM

Char55,

Thank you so much for taking the time to search for this.  I also appreciate your suggestions in changing the pattern so that it might be closer to what I am trying to achieve.  I will see what I can do!  Thanks again!!

Julie

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS