Hi everyone im new to crocheting and im challenging myself to making a sweater. im stuck on the armholes of this pattern could anyone offer me some advice explain what is meant by 0( ) im confused
thank you in advance
0(0) means do nothing if you are making size 6 mos. or size 12 mos. - 18 mos., and follow instead the previous instructions where it says:
- Next Row (back): For 6 mos, and 12-18 mos,
- move to continue working in Sc rows
The next instruction follows, and I've added underlines and some comments to help you. I also put in spaces between the words. I really hope your pattern has spaces between the words. I personally would not use a pattern that is not easy to see.
- For all other sizes (not 6 mos. or 12-18 mos):
- Decrease 1 st in first st.
- Sc across, 0(0,25,28,30,32,35) sts. (In other words, size 6 mos or 12-18 mos, do nothing represented in both cases by "0", and the other numbers correspond to other sizes mentioned, I presume, at the beginning of the pattern.)
I hope this helps. Learning how to read patterns is a basic skill and one learns by doing it, by asking questions and by careful observation of the pattern itself. Good luck! Crochet is awesome!!!