loisjean73LJ wrote
on Jun 2, 2014 3:38 AM

Looking snail mail with someone who enjoys crocheting age group bout late 50's

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dollygk wrote
on Aug 2, 2014 6:58 AM

Hi Lois,

I'd like to write to you if you don't mind email, it's much faster than the mail to Saudi!!

I'm an American lady, 69 this year. I married a Saudi and settled in Saudi Arabia, I lost my Prince (in my eyes) seven years ago. I have four grown children who all are married and have their families and they gave me 7 grand children, so far  he he

My husband was working with the airline so  I still get free tickets and am able to travel each holiday season to my sister's home in Clearwater, FL which is near Tampa. The winters in Tampa are so nice and I'm not about to go from desert heat to FL heat so I go in the winter.

My second love is machine embroidery so between that and my evening crochet I'm quite content while living with my eldest son and his family.

Watching for your email,

Dolly

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
librachild wrote
on Aug 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Hello Dolly,

I'd love to get to know you. I am near enough to 69 and an American, married and living in Ireland. We have three grown children and four grandchildren all still living stateside.

I am glad that you get to escape the desert heat of Summer, we escaped the summer heat and very cold winters for a temperate climate.

My first love is reading historical novels and my second is crocheting. 

Looking forward to your return e-mail.

Eleanor

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dollygk wrote
on Aug 4, 2014 2:16 AM

Eleanor, if you send me your email addy I can write directly to you! For now you can read about how I ended up in Saudi Arabia from my website, http://www.about-ksa.com/MyFamily.html . I began the website to promote better understanding of the people of Saudi.

How did you end up in Ireland? My grandfather was Murray from Ireland and he immigrated to the US when he was young. He served in WWI and WWII in the Coast Guard.

Dolly

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS