Magic circle help?

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jun 20, 2014 2:24 AM

I am a good knitter, but new at crocheting. Planning to make a cute beanie hat for my niece who is visiting next month. I found this interesting method of starting the hat with a magic loop. So, I started working, following the instructions given in this site http://www.stitchpiecenpurl.com/magic-circle-crochet.htm. I am following all the steps as instructed, but must be doing something wrong as the hole at the center is not closing when I pull the yarn tail after finishing crocheting the circle. I have tried to work it out by watching videos on Youtube but the problem is that I am not good at knitting or crocheting from video instructions. Can anyone tell me where am I going wrong?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jul 14, 2014 8:26 AM

If you just crochet over your tail on the first round - it is the same as a magic circle but much easier. Just crochet over your tail for round one and then pull the tail to tighten. 

Visit my website for quick and easy crochet patterns!

www.kayscrochetpatterns.com

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Aug 1, 2014 8:02 AM

Thank you kayscrochetpatterns for your reply. I have tried it according to your instruction and it is working much better for me... although i guess it will take some practice to achieve perfection. As I have already mentioned, I am not very good at crocheting. But practice will make me perfect i hope Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Aug 1, 2014 8:02 AM

Thank you kayscrochetpatterns for your reply. I have tried it according to your instruction and it is working much better for me... although i guess it will take some practice to achieve perfection. As I have already mentioned, I am not very good at crocheting. But practice will make me perfect i hope Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS