Assembling Amigurumi

This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,441
Kim Werker wrote
on Mar 14, 2006 5:56 PM

When I made my first amigurumi, I used a Japanese book. Not being a reader of Japanese, I did a whole lot of squinting, head scratching, and page turning. After a few hours of that I realized how useless it was and I just started crocheting. How simple the patterns are! The head and body openings have the same number of stitches, so they're just sewn right up, nearly seamlessly. Here's how:

1. Line up the slip stitches of the head and body.
    line up the slip stitches

2. Thread the long tale from either the head or the body onto a yarn needle. Shove the other tail into the stuffing so it's hidden inside the body when you're done sewing. Insert your needle through both loops of the first stitch on the head.
    insert your hook in the first head stitch

3. Insert your needle through both loops of the first stitch on the body. The stitches are slightly offset from each other.
    Insert your needle through the first body stitch

4. Draw the yarn through both stitches and pull so it's snug, but not so tight that it distorts the fabric.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 to whipstitch the head and body together.
  6. Don't weave in the yarn end as you normally would. Rather, stick the needle through to the other side of the neck and pull the yarn through. Following one of the whipstitches you already made, stick the needle back through the neck. Tug on the yarn so it's taut, and cut it close to the doll. When you let go, the end will get sucked into the doll and will be hidden.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS