Jewel top from Doris Chan "Everyday Crochet"

This post has 94 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
blondie@4 wrote
on Mar 30, 2011 6:07 PM

I am having problems understanding how to start Jewel.  On Round 2, should I mark the corners?  Doris Chan doesn't say to do that.  On Round 3, after many beginnings, I decided to do the pattern and Inc Sh on the marked corners.  So far, so good??  Now I fastened off.   What next??  p38 says that All Sizes turn, etc.     Turn what?   I have already fastened off and am looking to attach somewhere.    Is this too advanced for me .  I think I need some more lessons.   Thanks for letting me vent.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Dylan4 wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 9:53 PM

I am trying to do the jewel sweater, and I am stumped.  I can't figure out what to do with that chain base/single crochet 9!!  I agree that the directions are not very clear.  Can you give me any suggestions or hints for the neckline?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
amerz wrote
on Mar 16, 2013 11:14 AM

Just before Rnd 3 (which will become the first *real* round), there is a note: "Complete neckline and join front neck with additional sts."  This is what those 9 BASE CH/SC sts are for.  

After you make them, sl st in the top of the Ch3 you made at the beginning of this round, then fasten off and go to the "All Sizes" instructions in the second column of page 38.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
crocheter4 wrote
on Jan 28, 2014 5:19 PM
Thank you so much. Thought there was something wrong and could not figure it out!
Not Ranked
Posts 2
crocheter4 wrote
on Jan 28, 2014 5:19 PM
Thank you so much. Thought there was something wrong and could not figure it out!
Page 7 of 7 (95 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7 | RSS