Lily Chin Lace Dress - Interweave Press

This post has 18 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 41
on Feb 11, 2008 11:31 AM

Hi guys! Has anyone else out there seen this amazing Lily Chin dress? Holy cow! It's smokin' hot:

http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/dresses_skirts/crochet_lace_dress98-1.html

It's probably the most difficult pattern I've ever attempted, but I needed to give this one a try. Wouldn't you know it, I ended up goofing the first row. My chain was a little twisted when I joined it and I was so eager to start crocheting shells that I didn't even notice my mistake until I started the second half of the bodice!

Doh.

Back to the drawing board. I want to give it another go, but I think it might really help to have someone to compare notes with.

Who's in?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on Feb 11, 2008 2:44 PM

Not me, sorry, but that is one great dress. Good choice. What yarn/color are you using?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 41
on Feb 12, 2008 2:11 PM

I bought Patons mercerized cotton in a chocolate color. The color in the picture is great but I'm a little pale and I figured it would wash me out. I'd hate to spend all that time on a dress only to realize it makes me look like Casper the Friendly Ghost. ;)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on Feb 12, 2008 3:42 PM

That's a good color.

The photo shows a white dress with a black slip. Ok, it shows off the lace, sort of, but I don't think you should wear a white slip with your chocolate lace dress. IMO, it would take the attention off YOU and onto musings about your layered outfit. But I'm old fashioned. Camisole and tights? Yeah!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 41
on Feb 13, 2008 9:26 AM

Haha... I haven't thought that far ahead. I haven't even started! I promised myself I'd finish a blanket for my little nephew first. It's about 1/2 way done. :/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
DebF@2 wrote
on Mar 1, 2008 11:13 AM

i think it's fab. i've downloaded the pattern and would love to have a go once i get a chance - i'll let you know when that is!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 41
on Mar 3, 2008 2:27 PM

Brightonia - Great! Just finished my nephew's blanket so, I'm ready when you are!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 3, 2008 4:58 PM

Hi guys... I've actually been working on this dress for my wedding. I'm into the 1st "pineapple" section of the skirt. I also twisted my chain at the start, but I forged ahead anyway and think I pretty well disgused it. Plus, the twist is sort of tucked up under my bust anyway. Happy to share progress and recieve any hints, tips or tricks along the way. I have until May to finish...so I'm in a bit of hurry. ;)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on Mar 3, 2008 10:01 PM

Oh, best wishes to you for the marriage and the dress.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 39
TheresaH. wrote
on Mar 11, 2008 8:49 PM

I made this dress for myself for my daughters wedding last year. I did a different top though. If you would like to see it, let me know and I will try to post a pic here, it is on Ravelry...same user name as on here.

It wasn't hard at all and I bet you will be done in no time...just keep working on it! I think it took me a total of 6 weeks, but the most I could work on it was 2 hours a night. I used Red Heart Luster Sheen in a sage green color and made a shawl too to go with it, but can't remember what pattern I used for that! I also added beads to the skirt.

Good Luck...you won't be disappointed girls!

Theresa

Theresa

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 41
on Apr 8, 2008 1:40 PM

Wow! So glad to see that other people have worked on this! Theresa, I saw your pictures and they are beautiful! And Elimarie, that's going to be a gorgeous wedding dress. Maybe we can get some pictures? :D

I'm on the 6th row of the yoke and I have to admit that, so far, it's much easier than it looks.

Anyone have any problems other than the twisting of the chain?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
on Jun 30, 2008 10:40 AM

I've noticed with this pattern, that it starts out much larger than it ends up. Keep that in mind. I made it a size smaller b/c the gauge looked too large, but that was a mistake b/c it ended up being exactly the size it was supposed to be.

I used Naturally Caron Spa Yarn in Green Sheen #0004. This also worked to keep gauge, although it is not a worsted weight.

Regards, post pics when you're done!

"Be the Change you want to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Be the Change you want to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BeniaM wrote
on Feb 3, 2010 9:09 AM

Do you have a free pattern of that Lily Chin Lace dress?

I will be so glad to make it

Not Ranked
Posts 2
cest_la_vie wrote
on Apr 24, 2010 10:15 PM

I am looking for people who have worked on this to help me out.  I am trying to figure out the small lace decreases on the shoulder and seemto end up with a puckering on the shoulder.  It doesn't look right.  Can anyone maybe give me an esier run down or pictures to help me figure it out?  Maybe a graph?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 22, 2011 6:43 AM

Hi!

I know this post of yours is a little bit old... but I am going mad looking fo the patterns for this beatiful lace dress... and the link you posted doesn´t work anymore.  By chance, do you know where I can get it?

Bestregards!!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS