crochet navajo afghan pattern

This post has 17 Replies | 10 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
magsterone wrote
on Sep 24, 2009 10:31 AM
Would anyone know how to make the navajo blanket pattern smaller for a child. The pattern is on the forum, but so far no one has answered my question.

Magsterone

Not Ranked
Posts 1
dragonfly731 wrote
on Jan 29, 2010 4:08 PM

Magsterone,

reference to your question about the navajo afghan.  if you are talking about the one with the diamond pattern, i made this afghan for a baby a couple of times and just used baby yarn with the pastel colors and it turned out great.  it makes a large blanket, because i used the same amount in the beginning chain that the adult one called for.

dragonfly31

Not Ranked
Posts 1
darbycreek wrote
on Jan 29, 2011 12:05 PM

Hi,

I purchased a crib blanket made in this pattern years ago and was also given the instructions by the women complete with the downsizing.

For a baby blanket she chained 124.

For a crib blanket she said to chain 144. (56x44) counting the 2inch fringe. This is the crib blanket I have and it is beautiful.

She also had notes on the instructions that 20 stitches makes another diamond.

In the full size afghan. Chain 245 for a small (60x48)

Chain 285 for a large(72x52)

If you like using the H needle. Chain 185 or 187 or for a longer afghan chain 205.

Hope this helped.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on May 5, 2011 3:08 PM

How many skeins would you use for the baby size?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
MomZee wrote
on Aug 4, 2011 10:59 PM

The blanket is beautiful I can see why you would want it for a baby, it would be a nice gift.Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Carol831 wrote
on Oct 25, 2011 10:42 PM

Hi, DarbyCreek:     I have been looking for this pattern for a long time.  I did have it but since we moved I cannot find it.  I made the pattern in Navajo colors years ago when I made it and I would like to make another one.  The colors you used are really pretty.  If you could give me the pattern I would appreciate it enormously.   Sincerely,  Mysteries

Not Ranked
Posts 2
jtsadler wrote
on Jan 20, 2012 8:09 AM

I enjoy this pattern, also.  What I did is make a graph.  I used paper with a grid.  Marked it with X for the double crochet.  I looked at the afghan I had made & from this I decided how big I wanted to make the baby afghan.  I, too, tried to find someone who had written one out.  With this you don't need a pattern except for figuring out how many SC you will need to get started.  After this you can follow the graph

Janet

Not Ranked
Posts 2
jtsadler wrote
on Jan 20, 2012 8:14 AM

Fantastic!  You have figured it out.  I used a graph and put an X for the DC. I then made the graph the size I wanted.  I have one I started

a couple of years ago because it is so big.  I grow tired of working on it and put it aside.  I am just about finished with it.  I like your colors.

And, yes, it has helped me.

Janet

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Diane@117 wrote
on Jun 3, 2012 10:27 AM

I'm really trying to get the pattern for this afghan.  I'm not normally a crocheter, but my mother made several of these, and I think I'd like to try one.  can you posisbly give me more instruction? you could contact me at dmhillard@stny.rr.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
on Jun 4, 2012 8:52 AM

Here's the link for the pattern:

http://www.craftingranny.com/content/?section=3&section2=40&page=40&m=40

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lisa@271 wrote
on Jul 5, 2012 1:16 PM

Thank you for posting the link for the Navajo Afghan pattern. I've been looking for it for days, with no luck until now.

It means so much to me.

Thank You

Not Ranked
Posts 2
GreerR wrote
on May 20, 2013 6:02 PM

I lost my copy of this pattern can someone send it to me?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
GreerR wrote
on May 20, 2013 6:20 PM

I have lost my pattern and can't remember how to make the aphgan using four colors. Please help and send the pattern to me.at barkey333@hotmail.com

Not Ranked
Posts 2
cmdb wrote
on Jun 4, 2014 6:06 AM

how do I get the written pattern

Not Ranked
Posts 2
cmdb wrote
on Jun 4, 2014 6:06 AM

how do I get the written pattern

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS