Magic Loop How to?

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Nov 14, 2007 8:44 PM
Can someone explain to me how to do a Magic Loop Ring? i keep seeing this on things i want to do and cannot find anyhwere on the whole net that will show me how to CROCHET (not knit) it.

thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on Nov 14, 2007 10:41 PM

I just Googled (on Magic Loop Ring) and found a great photo essay right HERE! It must be an article from before the big change over. Well, it's dated 12/05. Sorry, I'm not trying to keep you in suspense, it's here, http://www.crochetme.com/Dec_Jan_0405/reads_round.html

I think it will answer all your questions, but ask again if not.

Pauline

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,441
Kim Werker wrote
on Nov 15, 2007 8:49 AM

In knitting, the magic loop is a way to knit in the round with one long-cabled circular needle (instead of using two circs or four double-points). In crochet, the link pauline3 gave above shows you how to begin to crochet in the round by making a looped ring instead of using chains as your foundation ring.

Fueling the crochet revolution...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 149
bubbo1 wrote
on Nov 20, 2007 9:14 AM

I love me some magic loop. I use it on anything that starts with a chain circle. no more open tops on the hats.

Hardcore? Hardcore is for babies. I'm HOOKCORE!

Hardcore? Hardcore is for babies. I'm HOOKCORE!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ByteAngel wrote
on Jan 8, 2010 5:14 PM

I love this! I am a dislexic left hander so it took me awhile to figure it out but once I did it was so simple. If you are left handed like me and are having problems email me with Magic Loop Help in the subject line and I will tell you what I did.

Luv 2 crochet

ByteAngel

Luv ya

ByteAngel

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS