wheelchair wrap closures?

This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
trude wrote
on Oct 26, 2009 8:32 AM

I just found this great pattern and was wondering if anyone else who made it could suggest some closure solutions?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 152
zoe cro-z wrote
on Oct 27, 2009 8:31 AM

It will help me to suggest a closure if I know how this wheelchair wrap is to be used on the person. Does it lay over the person's leg while sitting on the wheel chair? or is it to be worn like a shawl and therefore the closure needed is at the neck area?

chain4ever

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
trude wrote
on Oct 28, 2009 8:55 AM

neck area

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 152
zoe cro-z wrote
on Oct 28, 2009 2:28 PM

Trudels,

I'm going to publish my crocheted shawl tie instructions on the patterns section so feel free to use the pattern if you like. This is an untested crochet instructions as I'm just beginning to write out my own designs. Please let me know if you encounter a problem with the instructions.

chain4ever

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
trude wrote
on Nov 3, 2009 7:39 AM

Thanks for all your effort on that. I love the little buttons on the ends. Are we making two ties or one long one; if the latter, how does this work?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 152
zoe cro-z wrote
on Nov 3, 2009 3:05 PM

Hi trudels,

In answer to your question please see my new post on tips and tricks section "how to use shawl tie".

Happy Crocheting,

chain4ever

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 152
zoe cro-z wrote
on Nov 7, 2009 7:57 AM

While shopping at Walmart and looking at hair accessories I found hair ties/bows that can be used as alternative closures to shawls. (I don't know how to load photo on this page or I would have shown them here). The hair accessories that can be used as shawl closures are the ones that do not have any metal or wire components as these can damage the yarn. I make sure that I get the ones that are made up of plastic(with no sharp or rugged edges)and fibers (elastic). These are cheap too ($1.97/pk of 6). The name of the item is "girls Stuff" by Faded Glory.

Happy Crocheting.

chain4ever

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Jektype wrote
on Dec 18, 2009 11:34 AM

Thanks so very much for publishing this shawl tie pattern free - I've just finished printing & will use it. I've just recently been released from a 3-month stay in a nursing home after major spinal surgery & had to use a metal coilless safety pin in order to keep my shawl around my shoulders. As I'm now crocheting many prayer shawls for my church, I plan to add this to some of them. Those that cover a person's lap/knees/legs don't need the ties but those that go around & cover a person's shoulders would really come in handy!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 152
zoe cro-z wrote
on Dec 18, 2009 3:58 PM

Hi JackieMg,

I'm glad that you will be using the shawl tie pattern. Please let me know if you have any question regarding this pattern. Best wishes on your continued recovery from spinal surgery.

chain4ever

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
ammyrodrics wrote
on Mar 1, 2012 1:45 AM

I think these days online shopping is much more popular than the walmart shopping!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS