Head Wrap Pattern anyone?!

This post has 30 Replies | 9 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
gourmetmama wrote
on Jan 13, 2010 11:41 AM

So, all the girls are wearing these cute head wraps. I've fallen in love with mine. But if I could make my own, well I'd have more money to spend on notions...that makes a girl happy! Here's the link to the picture, does anyone have a pattern or can make one up in their brain? It doesn't tie in the back, it has a cute button and the flower is essential! Hopefully there's some genius around here. I need a little help!

http://www.pinkice.com/product/Read_Product.asp?PName=Knit+Crochet+Head+Wrap&mCategory=&GroupNo=296&ProductNo=11297

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 522
Char55 wrote
on Jan 13, 2010 6:47 PM

There's one right here on this site:

http://crochetme.com/patterns/quick-winter-headband/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
KellyM@5 wrote
on Jan 14, 2010 5:39 AM

There'e one I just saw by the Crabby Crafter...aka Chloe Nightengale. It's called the Bobble headband. It's wide and cute. It doesn't have a flower, but I'm sure you could put one on it. It's wider at the top than by the neck. It's at galvanic.co.uk. Fun! Fun!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jeanius1 wrote
on Jan 17, 2010 11:03 PM

I have just made up a crochet version of this headband.  It is in an early rough-draft stage, but I would be willing to share it with you if you'd like. 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Mary in NC wrote
on Jan 19, 2010 3:41 AM

I have made dozens of these head wraps. I wear them constantly! Love them!

Check out: http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=23795

Mary in NC

Not Ranked
Posts 5
gourmetmama wrote
on Jan 19, 2010 12:44 PM

Please... I'd love to see your pattern.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
DixieH@3 wrote
on Jan 6, 2011 6:30 PM

The link shows that these have been sold out. Can you share the pattern?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Mary in NC wrote
on Jan 7, 2011 2:32 AM

Yes, I can sell you the pattern booklet of 4 reversible Headwarmers... I can send you a pay pal invoice if you like. Annie's Attic dropped the pattern set after a year... maryb51@embarqmail.com

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Julie Goss wrote
on Apr 17, 2011 7:54 PM

I have made this one recently, just out of my head, and made one over the weekend, my flowers are improving with poractice

Jools

Not Ranked
Posts 5
rcbesher wrote
on Nov 3, 2011 4:43 PM

I happened to be on the same search as you were gourmetmama a year ago for a pattern very similiar to the link you posted except a crocheted version of the Head Wrap. My daughter recently purchased one and I wanted to find a pattern to make it for all the girls in our families for christmas this year. I have been looking for 3 days online for a pattern and I finally found one to the exact head band my daughter purchased so I thought I would share the link here with everyone. http://sweetsweezers.blogspot.com/2010/02/diy-crochet-head-wrap.html. I couldn't believe it, after searching so long, someone actually shared their pattern for the same one. Now I can begin crocheting my little heart out. Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
cftsimon wrote
on Nov 4, 2011 6:33 PM

I just printed the pattern.....THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!  I was at a our annual holiday sale today and the headwraps were EVERYWHERE!!!!!  So I immediately came home and started looking for the pattern.  Now I just need to get busy.  THANKS!  It is just exactly what I was looking for and my family and friends will love them.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Nov 10, 2011 4:40 PM

hello and thank u for sharing this link.   either i am use to working with harder patterns and thinking to much into this or i am just having a moment. but are you having trouble with this pattern.  i keep coming up with a circle or a fan looking thing.  well back to the pattern maybe it will work out.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Mary in NC wrote
on Nov 10, 2011 5:03 PM
If you are talking about the Sweet Sweezers' pattern, I noticed that there are no stitch counts, AND the pattern does not specify whether the turning chain 2 is a stitch or not.

I think it might work  for you if you do not consider the turning ch-2 to be a stitch. The increases need to be in the center of the row for the pattern to work correctly. I know this, because I have designed several these.
I wish you the best in working it out.

Mary Buse Melick
Stella-Marie Publications
Designing, Writing and Publishing patterns for 27 years.
Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Nov 10, 2011 5:11 PM

thank you mary....i was figuring the increase need to be in the center....the ends is was is giving me the trouble.  i am assuming this is worked on both sides so turning means just that turn to other side???? i cant believe that i am having so much trouble with this.  i am normally good at looking at something and being able to count it out...but not today.  thanks    also i tried your link above and it is no good.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Mary in NC wrote
on Nov 10, 2011 5:18 PM

You are welcome, Willsoncharly.

Yes, I assume this pattern is worked on both sides, in rows. I have not made it myself, but that is what turning at the end of each row means. After reading the pattern, I believe that is what makes sense.

I don't think there is a link at the top... I clicked on one of those too, and got no where. I put in my direct e-mail address for you at the bottom, under my name.

Mary Buse Melick

buse.mary@gmail.com

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS