A Pound Of Love

This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Lazzzzyfish wrote
on May 27, 2008 10:24 PM

I crocheted a baby afghan and a matching wee bib for my fiance's co-worker. She is expecting a baby girl soon.

The baby afghan is 26” x 30” inches. I changed the Pound of Love Hooded Baby Afghan’s pattern to scalloped edging all around. I changed the edging of the wee bib’s pattern to scalloped edging too.

http://lazzzzyfish.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 723
on May 28, 2008 7:25 PM

beautiful!

mad for crochet!

mad for crochet!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Lazzzzyfish wrote
on May 31, 2008 4:55 PM

Thank you! Happy crocheting!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on May 31, 2008 7:04 PM

That's a sweet combo.

I'm not familiar with the pattern.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Lazzzzyfish wrote
on May 31, 2008 11:48 PM

Thanks Pauline. The pattern is very easy to work with, everyone can watch football and crochet that blanket. I watched stargate (DVD). :)

Ch multiple of 3 sts

Row 1: 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, *skip 2 ch, 1 sc and 2 dc in next ch; rep from *across, ending with skip 2 ch, 1 sc in last ch. Ch 2, turn.

Row 2: 2 dc in 1st sc, *skip 2 dc, 1 sc and 2 dc in next sc; rep from *across, ending with 1 sc in top of turning ch. Ch 2, turn.

Rep Row 2 for pattern.

Go and try it out! Have fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on Jun 1, 2008 9:49 AM

Thank you. I tried a few, short rows on an Eva's Shawl WIP with multi-colored wool fingering yarn. It's truly easy, but I couldn't get the row texture you have. Then I tried making the clusters in the space between the previous row's clusters. Still no obvious rows. Maybe it's the yarn weight or the multi-color yarn or the over-sized hook I'm using, but I don't have your touch.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Lazzzzyfish wrote
on Jun 5, 2008 10:15 PM

You are welcome. Pauline, Eva's Shawl is a beautiful yarn. I used 4 ply knitting worsted weight yarn and a Size J / 6 mm crochet hook.

I have double checked the pattern and it is correct. The pattern stitch does looks like a cluster / puff but it wasn’t. It is formed out of a single crochet and two double crochet stitches in a chain, and is very soft and textured! I just love it!

I took a picture of the second baby blanket I made out of the same pattern for your kind reference. I hope it helps.

Good luck!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
RichelleW wrote
on Jun 30, 2008 8:14 AM

I love baby things. They are always so soft and tiny. These is an amazing set I bet the mommy to be was trilled.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
Brianna1 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 2:27 AM

That stitch pattern is gorgeous. Great texture, and perfect for babies. I always worry, with some baby designs, that little fingers and toes will get caught in holes. Not a problem with this one! Just perfect.

Brianna

http://www.thecrochetside.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Lazzzzyfish wrote
on Jul 6, 2008 12:40 AM

--> RichelleW, thanks for your comment. Yes, I am so pleased that my fiance's co-worker loves the blanket so much! :)

--> Brianna, thanks for your comment. It is my favorite pattern!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Liz751 wrote
on Feb 11, 2011 8:55 AM

Hi!  I would love it if you could send me the pattern for the scalloped edging.  I didn't put the hood on the blanket and would love to have a nice edging around the blanket. Your blanket and bib look gorgeous!  Thank you so much.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
OreoDog1 wrote
on Jul 29, 2011 5:39 AM

Love to make this. Could you email me the directions?

Thank you

Not Ranked
Posts 1
leondavis wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 11:54 PM

really its beautiful if u need more pound of love then be a member of that. A lot many people got success and now its your turn to be there.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS