Handspun CAL

This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,238
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Feb 25, 2010 8:45 AM

The first day of spring is just over a month away, and I'm yearning for those warm days. I'd like to make something little and carefree that reminds me of spring's promise.

Armed with a skein of handspun yarn and after scouting the Interweave online store, I've narrowed my choices down to three: the Four Corners Headband, the Breezy Hat, or a narrower version of the Simple Stitched Belt. Now I just have to narrow my choices to one and begin crocheting. Hmm, which should it be? Leave me your comments or suggestions on my blog. Also let me know about your experience crocheting handspun yarns.

I'll let you know what project ends up "winning" and you're welcome to join me in whipping up a springtime reminder project. I'll be starting a Crochet-Along here.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 25, 2010 10:20 AM

I love the crochet belt!!! Do you have recommendations for where to get handspun?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,238
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Feb 25, 2010 12:05 PM

Etsy and Ravelry are both good places to purchase hanspun yarns.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MSW@2 wrote
on Feb 25, 2010 7:08 PM

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ladylazarusplath

She has wonderful handspun.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,238
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Mar 11, 2010 1:14 AM

Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions. I tallied your votes, and it looks like the Four Corners Headband is the winner! I am so excited to get started. This last weekend I organized all of my yarn by fiber type, and I found another, even smaller skein of handspun in the same orange and yellow range. Between the 2 skeins there should be just enough yarn.

I've printed the pattern and will wind the skein to a ball today. Has anyone made this headband before? Are there any tips before we get started?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
vinced wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 1:37 PM

I like the crochet belt so much! I am new to crocheting and love it so far it have been lots of fun and I feel productive.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
antonio23 wrote
on May 27, 2011 9:58 AM

I am new here and I just want to learn more crocheting! It have been very fun for me. I like the community too, it is great. I soon will be submitting my crocheting photos.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sandra245 wrote
on Aug 1, 2011 3:32 PM

Crocheting is my life. I have been crocheting since 12 years (now 35) and am still in love.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
torina2r wrote
on Aug 30, 2011 9:59 AM

I am beginning crocheting and so far I love it. Cant wait to learn more!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
lorrie2 wrote
on Dec 17, 2011 5:05 PM

I love the belt! Nice...

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 10, 2012 3:18 AM

The yarn is 100% Alpaca double plied white and brown alpaca. I will be making a FELTED cowboy hat for my mom.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
teonaaa3 wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 3:44 AM

Although it's summer, but fall will come soon, So I'd prefer this  Breezy Hat and loved its colors :))

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS