THE OFFICIAL OCEAN PEARLS CARDIGAN POST

This post has 68 Replies | 13 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
on Jun 2, 2010 11:31 AM

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for the insight -  your comments make sense - when the instructions said "first stitch" I just figured that you would go in the regular first stitch that you always crocheted in - I'll proceed and  I agree that the crucial thing is to make sure the final counts and lengths are at the right place.

Until next time :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 424
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jun 4, 2010 2:17 PM

OK, I'm partway through the second sleeve! I plan to finish it up this weekend. My goal is to block & sew it before TNNA next weekend, so i can wear it there.

Good thing, too, because we're about to start our second Crochet-Along! Tune in for Monday's enewsletter / Crochet Me blog for details.

Happy crocheting!
Marcy

Not Ranked
Posts 8
kcpklahn wrote
on Jun 5, 2010 6:33 PM

Hello, Crocheting Friends---

I'm still at work on the cardigan.  Just started crocheting a sleeve.  So glad for Crochet-In-Bliss and Marcy for their helpful pattern corrections.  I've made a second back because the two dye lots for my yarn made such a different variegated pattern....  My cardigan back is solid-ginger- and the fronts and sleeves are the spearmint.

The shaping tips were helpful to me also.

It's June already.  Have a good weekend, Everyone.

Kim

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
on Jun 6, 2010 3:14 PM

Hi Kim & fellow crocheters,

It's reassuring to know that there are others that are also a little behind - I'm just a few rows in to my last sleeve, then to piece together - I'll follow the slip stitch suggestions of the others - and I bought the ribbon and crystal beads I am going to use to make the ties - I will probably only start the piecing sometime next weekend - this working for a living really cuts in to the crochet time!  I'd love to see photos of the ones who have finished already!

Take care until next time :)

Not Ranked
Posts 6
MarenM@2 wrote
on Jun 6, 2010 4:37 PM

Not that you all really need to know, but I decided not to do this right now....  Maybe I'll join in on the next CAL!  I'm still interested in seeing the finished products you've made, though....

Not Ranked
Posts 3
GeriP wrote
on Jun 6, 2010 6:40 PM

I'm still hanging in there!  I am on the second sleeve and hope to get a dent made while I wait for tires to be rotated and balanced and my flat to be patched (multi-tasking :).  The small errors with the pattern weren't a big deal and it was really great to have a "heads up" so I could make decisions before hitting the snag.  I think that is one of those frustrating things with knitting and crochet patterns when there is an error in the pattern.  I give Interweave credit though, the quality of the patterns is usually so excellent and appreciated!

Not sure about the closure yet, looking forward to seeing crystal beads and ribbon.  I may do one button or a froggie closure a la Nicky Epstein.  Inches to go before I rest...or block, as the case may be!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
linda@442 wrote
on Jun 6, 2010 10:14 PM

I just got this pattern and missed the crochet along. I am still going to make it, but on the very first row of the back, I ended with MB and then a dc. I do have the 119 stitches it says I should have for the total stitches at the end. Is this correct. I didn't know if it should have been the MB then 3 dc at the end.

Thanks,

Linda

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
AnnetteL@5 wrote
on Jun 7, 2010 7:38 AM

Hi Linda, I finished with MB then 3dc at end. Re: Note on pattern says, "when working even in pattern, do not work bobble at beginning or end of row if there are fewer than 3sts. between bobble and edge of work, unless otherwise noted". Even though I finished my cardigan (on the 26th of May) blocked, pinned to seam, then noticed that I made a mistake in both my sleeves about  where you start the shaping for the armholes, I had to rip both back and re-do. Now I am seaming and it seems to be taking forever (I hate this part) but I'm hoping to get done soon so I can get on with the edging and finish. I hope I helped you. Best to you and all you wonderful crocheter's out there, Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 424
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jun 7, 2010 10:37 AM

Yay! You all are doing great! Thank goodness for deadlines, eh?

I finished my crocheting. Going now to block & let the pieces rest & dry. Then I"ll let you know how the seaming goes.

Still undecided about the closure.

Marcy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 424
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jun 7, 2010 10:44 AM

Hi Linda,

Yes, for all sizes, it should end with 3 dc at end. Check to be sure you started with 3 dc (that is ch 3, which counts as a dc + dc you made in 4th ch + next dc).

It can be curiously tricky to get those set-up bobble rows done. Once they're good, though, all else is good.

Let me know how it goes!
Marcy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 424
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jun 8, 2010 8:27 PM

Yay, I'm done! Well, except for a few dozen loose ends that I'm weaving in. I love it! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

My daughter's sweater is on a bit of a break. She's restyling it into a shrug which will take a little thinking on my part. I'll update you as I progress.

How are your sweaters coming along? And what do you want to crochet next? Here's a link to our next Crochet-Along.

Marcy

Not Ranked
Posts 3
GeriP wrote
on Jun 9, 2010 9:58 AM

I'm half way down the last sleeve, getting there!  I would vote for the cardigan or the vest.  I'm a 45-46" bust and the line of the pullover is not for my body type and I don't want to do size adjustments this round.  I don't want to  sound persnickity :), I'll make the next one if the pullover is chosen.  Love having the deadlines.  I have a pair of knitted socks I need to finish in between!  Sometimes don't you wish you could clone yourself?  Have a great week!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 424
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jun 10, 2010 8:48 PM

Here's the sweater in "casual mode" (what I happened to be wearing when an available in-house photographer happened by, you know?)

I finished the edge of the fronts and neckline with a round of sc, followed by a round of rev sc. As yet, I have no button.

I thought I could do without a button, and I can so long as I wear it over "grippy" fabric. I put the sweater on over a dress made of slicker fabric and the sweater slithered off (the 45% viscose int he Linares makes it slippery).

So this weekend I will wear it with a pin until I make a button commitment.

Can't wait to see your sweaters—in casual or dressy mode.

Marcy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Evie T. wrote
on Jun 11, 2010 7:18 AM

The sweater looks BEAUTIFUL!  I'm not that far yet on mine but it's very encouraging to see yours.  It looks both comfortable and elegant.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
linda@442 wrote
on Jun 11, 2010 7:35 AM

Marcy,

I love it! You did a wonderful job; I can't wait to finish mine.

Linda

Page 4 of 5 (69 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next > | RSS