Lap Blankets for our Veterans

This post has 6 Replies | 7 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Iamsocrafty wrote
on Aug 13, 2010 11:23 PM

I'm making lap blankets and donating them to the VA Hospital in my area that I volunteer at. Basically it is one big granny square and I use a size H hook. I have started a red, white and blue one. I'm sure I will make a few of these. I also did one in the Cleveland Browns colors. Next I'm thinking about doing a camo one too. I saw the yarn the other day. I feel really good about doing this project. I make lap blankets for seniors too!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Aug 17, 2010 6:24 PM

What a great way to give back.  Keep up the good work.  I make hats and donate them to the local hosp. cancer center.  The camo yarn made great hats, I'm sure the yarn would make great looking lap blankets.    A fellow crocheter.  CraftyScout609

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Aug 20, 2010 11:40 PM

Hi ' I just located this forum, and glad I did. I've been crocheting for over 50 years. My mom taught me. Since the beginning of 2008, I've crocheted over 200 blankets, caps and booties for babies. I donate them to Children and Family Services in my area. Also to women shelters and to teen homes where there are babies and toddlers. I only crochet for babies, because a lot of mommies can't afford blankets.  I have 4 PIPS, (projects in progress) waiting for my yarn order to come in. I like Vanna White yarn from Lion Brand, and also Caron soft.

I hope to stay connected. As soon as I complete my next blanket, I will post on Facebook and this forum for all to see.

Great to be a part of this community....dancinggirl75

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
AmberKC wrote
on Jul 8, 2013 12:28 AM

This is awesome :-)
Do you have any pics of the camo blanket?  I am about to make one for my friend's baby boy, but have also been working on some things for various charities with scrap yarn. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Wilton55 wrote
on Oct 3, 2013 2:08 AM

Thats wonderful to donate hospital....i everyone should have passion like you.I am really impressed.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
luv2knit200 wrote
on Oct 4, 2013 11:23 AM

That sounds great! How big are your blankets?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
bubblegirl1 wrote
on Nov 10, 2013 10:40 PM

Hi I am so crafty,

I am making squares ,but I am having trouble doing the squares ,if you could give me some pointers I would really appreciate it.

I have crocheted before but the squares always give me a fit and i would like to make some squares for the underprivileged please help 

Keep making your blankets you are very kind, post soon I would like to keep in touch for any new ideas you have 

Thanks Linda

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS