THE OFFICIAL MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SHAWL CROCHET-ALONG

This post has 140 Replies | 31 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
FatesLady wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 11:00 PM

This will be my first shawl. I saw the pattern and just fell in love with it. I love the idea of shawls, but I've never gotten around to making one before. My yarn is now on the way from Knit Picks.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
lisams wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 4:46 AM

The schedule has me scared but the pattern is amazing so I"M IN!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Dec 7, 2010 5:48 AM

Will this CAL be conducted on Ravelry as well?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
Debi J wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 7:46 AM

What did you order?

Not Ranked
Posts 7
teva_hobbies wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 9:07 AM

I want mine a little heavier than lace, so I bought Baby Twist, 100% Baby Alpaca, 1.75 oz, 3 weight. It is a very navy blue color #1011

Not Ranked
Posts 3
FatesLady wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 10:30 AM

Debi J:

What did you order?

I'll be working mine in Alpaca Cloud from Knit Picks in the Iris Heather colorway. My husband loved the color, so I'm going to give it a shot. :)

I'm not sure how well I will be able to keep up with the superfast schedule, though. For one thing I have to wait for my yarn to ship, and for another I'm currently working on afghan squares for a charity group that is making afghans for children with cancer. The lady who organizes it is desperate for squares and I don't want to let her or those kids down!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
crochetgal2 wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 4:25 PM

I've had this pattern on my 'to do' list ever since I first saw it!

Hopefully I'll be able to start it after the holidays.

http://crochetgal.etsy.com - beautiful yarns, affordable prices

http://crochetgal.etsy.com - beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Not Ranked
Posts 6
ErikaH@2 wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 5:46 PM

How much yarn did you get for this to do out of the Baby twist?  I'm thinking about doing this in fingering  weight yarn too but am not sure how much yarn to get.  I want to use Mini Mochi  by Crystal Palace. I have two skeins already and I'm thinking I should get one or two more ball.  I'm interested to know.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Dec 7, 2010 6:55 PM

I've wanted to make this ever since I received the magazine last summer, but have had other projects going. I'm hoping to get to this soon, maybe catch up, and join in!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Dec 7, 2010 6:55 PM

I've wanted to make this ever since I received the magazine last summer, but have had other projects going. I'm hoping to get to this soon, maybe catch up, and join in!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Dec 7, 2010 6:57 PM

I've wanted to make this since the mag came out this summer. Have a few projects going (nothing new), maybe I can start this one too!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
frizzen44 wrote
on Dec 8, 2010 6:36 AM

I went to the buy the magazine as soon as I saw this pattern in my Crochet Me email.  I'm using Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Lace in a beautiful red and I already have the main body of the shawl finished.  I'm hoping to have it done in time for a Christmas party on the 18th.  I looked at the link for the correction of row 6 of the edging, but I'm not even seeing this shawl on the list.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Michelle@91 wrote
on Dec 8, 2010 6:51 AM

Bought my yarn last night. Woo!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Dec 8, 2010 10:12 AM

Very pretty!  I am using a cone of Zephyr that I have in my   stash that is a dark woodsy teal.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Dec 8, 2010 10:14 AM

You will love the Iris Heather!  I have used it before and it is really beautiful.

Page 3 of 10 (141 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS