THE OFFICIAL MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SHAWL CROCHET-ALONG

This post has 140 Replies | 31 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
ErikaH@2 wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 4:52 PM

beautiful!  Glad the pictures are starting to come in.:-)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
Debi J wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 6:03 PM

frizzen44 wrote the following post at Wed, Dec 15 2010 10:05 PM:

I'm finished! 

Oh my gosh!  I haven't got my yarn yet!

Gorgeous!  Congrats!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
Debi J wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 6:11 PM

algteacher:

...  I've about given up on the lace weight baby alpaca...soft and fluffy, but just not working with this pattern. 

Oh, no!  That's what I have ordered!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
algteacher wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 6:21 PM

Don't worry Debi J.  You'll be fine.  It's a totally delicious yarn and you'll be very happy with it.  It just wasn't feeling comfortable...I'm probably holding my hook wrong or something dumb like that.  The temperature was below zero while I was swatching, so maybe that was it.  LOL  I'll probably try the Aunt Lydia's bamboo and the size 3 fashion thread.  After I swatch those for a while, I'll probably gravitate back to the baby alpaca.  It's hard to make these decisions at this holiday time of year, don't you think?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
Debi J wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 6:28 PM

LovelyEwe:  I look forward to seeing how the variegated yarns look.  Pretty!  I have a hard time picturing a finished products when trying to buy supplies - whether it is yarn for knitting or crocheting or material for sewing!. 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
teva_hobbies wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 1:17 AM

Sarah, I went ahead and created a Ravelry CAL Group.  I posted the link to this forum here and put that you were hosting the CAL. I also put all of the instructions from your first post in there.

I couldn't find you on Ravelry.com to invite you!

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/midnite-summers-dream-shawl-cal/

Teva

Not Ranked
Posts 5
frizzen44 wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 2:57 AM

I did mine in laceweight baby alpaca.  Just stick with it!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
algteacher wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 7:46 AM

Reva,

THANK YOU!   See you at Ravelry

-Diane

Not Ranked
Posts 9
algteacher wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 8:10 AM

oops, sorry Teva, I misspelled your name...can't figure out how to make the correction on this forum, easier to just post again.  Sorry.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 129
Sarah Read wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 10:47 AM

Hi Teva,

One of the great benefits of Crochet Me is that this is where the official CAL's will be held, but I would be happy to join you guys there for chat and photo sharing as well! My Rav name is SarahRead. Do check back here for the CAL updates, however, like this one: The errata for row 6 and 8 of the edging has now been loaded to the Interweave site! 

I am delighted to see so much progress, and ohmygosh finished shawls already?! Thanks to several long meetings this week, I have finished my first repeat of the lace pattern. I am not liking the results with fingering weight as much as I loved my lace weight version, but I should not say anything before blocking. The yarn is so soft and colorful that I love working with it anyway. I will post a photo of my progress for you all here tomorrow!

Happy crocheting!
Sarah 

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Dec 17, 2010 5:48 AM

Thank you so much for setting this up.  I was getting irritated with all the emails also.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 129
Sarah Read wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 10:34 AM

Ok, here are the promised photos:

(before)

(After--I just wasn't liking the heavier yarn for this project)

(The next yarn I will try: Alpaca With A Twist Fino)

I think it is now safe to say it won't be done in time for the holidays!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
frizzen44 wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 2:01 PM

I love alpaca with a twist fino!  Is that a bat stitch marker in the picture?  Where did you get it?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 129
Sarah Read wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 2:07 PM

It IS a bat stitch marker! A Lego bat!!!! I got it from this Etsy shop: (Enabling alert) http://www.etsy.com/shop/thebotheredowl?ref=seller_info

Not Ranked
Posts 7
teva_hobbies wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 9:35 PM

You are welcome, celticmermaid. Just don't forget that this here is the official place for the CAL. We should check in occasionally here too.

Page 8 of 10 (141 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next > | RSS