Ladybug Baby Crochet

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Apr 14, 2011 4:23 AM

I am looking for ladybug crochet patterns for a baby girl. I really want either an easy afghan pattern with ladybugs or a layette.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
jroberts123 wrote
on Apr 15, 2011 1:07 PM

There is a ladybug scarf pattern in the free crochet me pattern section on this website that has individual ladybugs that you may be able to applique or incorporate into a baby afghan pattern - I have it listed on my favorites if you go to my profile page.  My mother-in-law loves ladybugs and I thought about purchasing this pattern.  I think it would be cute and I like that it is worked in squares.  Here is the link:

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/maggies-crochet-ladybug-afghan-and-pillow-pattern-p-140.html

I also have a book that does a crocheted afghan and rug that are ladybugs.  I would scan a photo, but I don't think the copyright allows me to.  It is in the Easy Living Crochet book by Carol Alexander.  The rug pattern is shaped like a full-size ladybug and you could probably make it for a baby by substituting a softer yarn (the pattern calls for crocheting fabric strips).  The afghan is bold color blocks of red and black that surround a white center block that has the ladybug crocheted in the center.  They are really cute designs, and if you are interested, I am sure we can find a way to get the pattern to you without comprimising the copyright.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
jroberts123 wrote
on Apr 15, 2011 1:17 PM

Hi again,

I was able to find a published photo of the ladybug pattern I have in the Easy Living book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/65-CROCHET-PATTERNS-BOOK-LADYBUG-BABY-AFGHAN-RUG-/330456245403?pt=US_Crocheting_Knitting_Patterns

The ebay prices seem high.  If you like the pattern, I would loan you the book.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
chris37129 wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 10:53 PM

Hi, I'm making an afghan with lady bugs on it for my granddaughter. I found a free ladybug coaster

pattern that I am using on top of a simple white granny square to make it look very similar to the pattern

that the other person sent you. I think I got the free pattern from allfreecrochet.com

Good luck!

Christie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jonasvenget wrote
on Jun 6, 2011 6:35 AM

It all depends on the personal choice I guess.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS