How many rows are in the Cables and Lace Broomstick Hat by Kristin Omdahl

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
carleen2 wrote
on Jun 5, 2011 7:28 PM

In the pattern for the cabled band it states Rows 7-120:  Rep Rows 3-6 thirteen times; rep Rows 3-4.  Fasten off, leaving 12" (30.5 cm) tail for sewing seam.  Sew last row to foundation ch.  When I'm done repeating rows 3-6 thirteen times this does not add up to 120 rows.  So is this a typographical error or is there something that I am doing wrong?  Please help!!

Carleen Macklin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 44
RichardRose wrote
on Jun 6, 2011 1:05 AM

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I quite good at maths and just doing the calculations there appears to be only 60 rows described in the pattern not 120. Either the pattern only goes to row 60 or you need more repeats of rows 3-6. I think you have 2 choices. Contact Kristin and get a clarification on the pattern or continue with the repeats until the hat is the size you want, making sure to finish on row 4 of the pattern.

Richard.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Haley P wrote
on Jun 6, 2011 8:01 AM

I am stuck on the cabled band at the beginning. I can't seem to get the cable to look right! I've re-re-RE-worked it I don't know how many times. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
n jane wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 12:02 PM

I am also having trouble with the cable band. I have tried it many times. What is the secret?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS