dress/jumper pattern for a 9 year old girl

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
esther1 wrote
on Jun 12, 2011 9:19 PM

This is my very first time on this chat. In fact, I think it may be my first time on any chat. So i hope I do it right. I am trying to find a crochet pattern (relatively easy) for a jumper or sleeveless dress for a 9 year old girl. It needs to be rather long. Mostly what I have done up till now are afghans (tons) and scarves (also tons). But clothes are a different thing and a bit scary. If there is anyone out there that can share a pattern, I would appreciate it! I need a new project and this is what I would like to do (for my granddaughter).

Thank you.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
pat p. wrote
on Jun 13, 2011 12:51 AM

Hello and welcome! Yep- you did it right. Have you went to any of the free pattern websites yet? You can just type "free crochet patterns" into your search engine and see what all you will get. Some of the pattern sites I like are  CrochetPatternCentral   MaggiesCrochet and AllFreeCrochet.  If you don't have much luck get back to me and I'll hit the books and look for you.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
esther1 wrote
on Jun 19, 2011 9:17 PM

Hi Pat. Thank you. I tried all 3 sites and didn't find anything suitable. Most patterns that are for kids are more for babies or toddlers. There were some dresses that were t shirts with added crochet to them. Every Monday evening my best friend and I crochet together (I actually cancelled last week because I have no pattern!). We've been doing this for years and for years I've been crocheting afghans, which I love, but tomorrow night I really wanted to start a dress for my granddaughter. Her birthday is in August and I thought it would be so nice to send her a dress. But I am at a loss.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Amy Jewel wrote
on Jun 20, 2011 12:40 AM

The pattern I can think of that might be the right size of jumper for a 9yr. old girl isn't free, but there is a cute jumper in the Interweave Winter 2010 issue.You can buy a digital copy on the Interweave site for $4.19 right now.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
esther1 wrote
on Jun 20, 2011 7:19 PM

Amy, the dress shown is beautiful. It actually cost a bit more that $4.10, but I ordered it since I couldn't find anything else. Thank you so much!

I'll still be on the lookout for patterns for my granddaughter since it is my hope to make her many things. I also want to crochet clothes for my other grandchildren as well. (I have 6 all together between my 3 children.) But this will be my first try, so I will focus on this for now.

Again, thank you so much.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Amy Jewel wrote
on Jun 22, 2011 2:48 AM

I am glad that you found something you are happy with. I try to keep an eye out for patterns in older children sizes cause my oldest kid is 8 yrs. old & I like to make clothes for my kids. I usually end up trying to size things up or down with quite a few patterns. It is so exciting to see ones that don't require extra adjusting to fit the child size you need. I am happy I could help. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS