Petal Pullover Yarn Substitution

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Jul 4, 2011 11:15 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions for a yarn to substitute for the Petal Pullover in the Spring 2011 Issue of Interweave Crochet, preferably an economical option. It calls for Louet Merlin Sport (60% linen, 40% merino; 250 yd [229 m]/3½ oz [100 g]). There are no stores near me that sell this yarn and with the amount I would need plus shipping to order it online the shirt would cost me over $150, really more than I can afford. Thanks for the help.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
kelly obrien wrote
on Jul 4, 2011 2:18 PM

i don't really want to spend that much either! Plus... i don't love wearing wool.   I'm thinking NaturallyCaron Spa (which i am absolutely IN LOVE with!!) available at most craft stores and reasonably priced at $4.99/250 yds.  I'm also considering Queensland Collection Joey Baby Silk ( avail. at www.yarn.com at $3.99/164 yds).  It does have wool, but thinking the bamboo and silk would offset the itchy wool.  would love to know what others are considering/choosing. I'm still learning and experimenting with yarn substitution so it will be interesting to see who's using what!  :)
~kelly

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS