Adding edging to to plain v-neck tops to make them interesting

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Kathy Rice wrote
on Jul 7, 2011 1:35 PM

Hi.  I am a newbie.  Can anyone tell me the easiest way to add a pretty crochet edging or something to make plain v-neck tops pretty?  I have several nice ones that need a little bling!  By the way, I will be 68 on July 18th and have 7 grandchildren and one great-grandchild on the way.  Of course I got back in the mood to knit and crochet when I heard the news of the little one's soon-to-be appearance (11/11/11).  Yikes, I have become maternal again!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Juleeque wrote
on Oct 17, 2011 10:05 AM

Hi Kathy,

When I want to add edgings to anything, I start by using quilting thread and needle to make little loops along the edge I want to crochet along - then I use those loops to crochet through. Not sure if that's the proper way, but it's what I do! :-)

My daughter and I blog collaboratively at:

Simply Notable
Not Ranked
Posts 1
mariasam wrote
on Aug 1, 2013 4:37 AM

hi kathy thanks,.... :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
mmseeger wrote
on Aug 1, 2013 7:51 AM

If not wanting to directly attach a trim ....I have crocheted a trim and then tacked it in place to make a collar.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
margenmill wrote
on Nov 8, 2013 5:19 AM

Nice post there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post. Thanks for sharing.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Liza.Ledall4 wrote
on Nov 25, 2013 2:19 AM

Nice post. I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information .I really appreciate your work, keep it up

Lizza

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS