Travelling without a ticket

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Aug 15, 2011 7:41 AM

Hello all. I hope Toni enjoys her travels in the United Kingdom but I would like to draw everyone's attention to the map provided with the newsletter - you've left out WALES. In fact you have not only left it out, you have actually made it a part of England. As a country with more sheep than people we hold an annual wool fest and are famous for our Welsh Woolen Blankets, Welsh Quilts and Welsh Flannel. Whilst the stereotypical Welsh Lady is more often than not pictured sitting at her spinning wheel! We are also the birthplace of Catherine Zeta Jones, Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton and Tom Jones to name but a few.

On the plus side I really enjoy piecework and avidly read it from cover to cover as we have nothing like it in the UK.

Keep up the good work. Hwyl Fawr (welsh for  have fun)

Liz

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,241
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Aug 15, 2011 8:56 AM

Hi Liz,

You are right, and I have no idea why Wales was left off of this map. I would definitely include Wales in any trip I made overseas. I would love to attend the annual wool festival. My great grandfather immigrated to the United States from Wales at sixteen. He left us more of a musical than a fiber heritage, but I still want to learn about all of the aspects of Wales.

Toni

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS