The Official Betty's Tunisian Tee Crochet-along

This post has 63 Replies | 24 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
on May 5, 2012 10:53 AM

wow! that looks better than i could have imagined! i hope to get to that level some day

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Tonie N wrote
on May 22, 2012 1:18 PM

Hi Toni,

I have read the blogs regarding the Tunisian Tee and am I'm still having difficulty with joining the fifth tier. Are there any other instructions available such as photos or videos that would show how to do this? This is a great project and I'm almost done with it. I chose to do it for the challenge and because I'm making it for a gift.

I'm kind of a visual person and it could help to see what I'm to do next. In the instructions I am at: " Fifth Tier ~ Left-back shoulder block". Your photos of the triangle attachment to the block was very helpful.

Thank you so much,

Tonie

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Tonie N wrote
on May 24, 2012 1:18 AM

Hi Toni,

I was able to study your original instructions along with those you posted in the blog and finally figured out what to do after some trial and error. The Tunisian Tee is almost completed now and I have really enjoyed making this one!  I look forward to trying other Tunisian stitch projects.

Thank you,

Tonie

Not Ranked
Posts 4
RebekahE wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 4:16 AM

Hi Toni and crocheters-along,

This crochet-along has been such a help for me so far, so thanks Smile. I've done the base triangles and the first body block setup row, but now I'm VERY stuck (never having done entrelac before is probably not helping; any advice?).

In the pattern it says "Insert hook from front to back in sc at edge of 2nd base triangle and pull up a lp (2 lps on hook), tks in next 11 (12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19) sts, tps in next 11 (12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19) sts, tks in next 11 (12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19) sts, tps in next 11 (12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19) sts, tks in next 12 (13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20) sts; RetP to last 3 lps, yo and draw through all 3 lps on hook. Row 56 (61, 66, 71, 81, 85, 96): Ch 1, sc across. Do not fasten off."

I have two questions (well probably more actually, but these are the ones I can work out how to put into words at the moment): 

1) Does 'from front to back' mean 'from RS to WS'? With RS facing I'm finding it very awkward to cast these stitches on, but with WS facing it seems like it's backwards.

2) When it says 'tks in next X number of sts', does it mean the stitches in the return pass I've just done along the right edge of the first base triangle (and then the rows on top of that), or the stitches opposite on the edge of the second base triangle?

Page 5 of 5 (64 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5 | RSS