The Official River Walk Wrap Crochet-Along

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 127
Sarah Read wrote
on Nov 7, 2011 5:11 PM

Remember when I dyed that silk lace yarn with tea?

Well, this is what I had in mind when I was prepping those lovely fibers!

It is the River Walk Wrap by Sharon Falkner, from our Summer 2011 issue, and I've been itching to make it since the day it arrived in the office. I knew it would be the perfect wedding gift for my good friend Awilda, who lives far away and upside down in New Zealand (she insists that I'm the one that is upside down).

This is a pretty irresistible piece of crochet, so I thought there might be a few of you out there that would like to join me in this project! You can never make too many lace shawls, after all.

If you'd like to join me, head on over to our crochet-along page and hop on the forum with me!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Amy Jewel wrote
on Nov 10, 2011 9:35 PM

>Amy Jewel

I have had my eye on this one for quite a while. I have tons of aunt Lydia's size 10 crochet thread & was thinking that it would be nice to use it for this shawl. I believe that is is considered the same weight as the yarn called for in this pattern. What do you think?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 127
Sarah Read wrote
on Nov 15, 2011 10:58 AM

I think this project would look GORGEOUS in thread! This lace weight is a bit on the heavier side, so your wrap may end up a bit smaller, or you may want to add a repeat to get to the project size.

I can't wait to see your project!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Nov 18, 2011 11:21 AM

Thanks for the great idea...I think I am going to have to go "shopping" in the stash and see if I have enough thread to make this lovely shawl.  :)

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Amy Jewel wrote
on Nov 19, 2011 7:42 PM

Thanks for the info. Do you think it would make up the difference if I held two strands of the size 10 thread together? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 127
Sarah Read wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 11:00 AM

I'd suggest not holding strands together for this pattern, as the treble-7-together is fiddly enough with one strand per stitch, I think! But you might try a swatch first, to see if you like how it works.

Here's a pic of my start:

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Denise@129 wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 5:05 AM

Hi, I have made the 1st block of pattern, starting with 43 sts at the end of row 2 and ending with 103 sts at the end of row 7(as per pattern instructions) . I'm supposed to start the pattern block at row 2 but now have too many stitches, have I done something wrong? D

Sorry just realised I'm looking at the guage swatch rather than the pattern, oops!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS