Where to send caps for cancer patients?

This post has 6 Replies | 6 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
tackes wrote
on Nov 29, 2011 6:38 PM

I would like to crochet some caps for cancer patients.  Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can send them?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
kist1986 wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 6:01 PM

I am sure any local hospital would love to take them.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Dec 29, 2011 1:10 AM

We have a Cancer Treatment Center in our town that is connected to the hospital.  They are very greatful for caps!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ABS62 wrote
on Mar 30, 2012 8:45 AM

I suggest you call your local hospital(s).  If they don't have a need for them I'm sure they can put you in touch with a local group that will gladly accept them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Mar 30, 2012 10:20 AM

The Phoenix Childrens Hospital

1919 E. Thomas Road

Phoenix, Arizona 85016

This hospital is for children who have cancer.  I have sent them caps, jewelry, unwrapped new toys.

They will send your a handmade thank you card. 

It is sad to see children that have cancer and they are so appreciative of every thing that is sent to the hospital.

I hope you will make them some caps.

Thank you so very much, GrammaArizona

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 164
Shellie2355 wrote
on Mar 30, 2012 11:12 AM

I go directly to the Cancer Centers of our local hospitals. I prefer making hats for those who are receiving treatment in my area, as well as thanking these cancer centers for their commitment to healing.

Shellie Dunn
Somonauk, IL

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MimzyB wrote
on Mar 30, 2012 1:00 PM

Check for your local American Cancer Society office, local doctor offices - esp Oncology Offices.

I send mine to Head Huggers.  http://www.headhuggers.org/  They have several branches.  I send mine to Delaware Head Huggers.  They are constantly getting requests for caps and the people really appreciate them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS