The Official 2012 Amigurumi Calendar Crochet-Along

This post has 221 Replies | 43 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
HumorMe wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 5:57 PM

GREAT idea, tdkg!  Can't wait to see yours.  I'm trying to finish up a sweater before I start my little Pucker, but hope to get to it this weekend. 

Wouldn't several of these little guys make a cute mobile in a baby's room?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jan 4, 2012 9:27 PM

I'm in for this! Just downloaded the pattern, and am putting aside my knitting project to try this little guy out! Let's see what's in the stash...

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 5, 2012 9:12 AM

That's what I did....I put down some legwarmers I'm knitting for my daughter.

Try using verigated yarn. I think you like the results. ;o)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 5, 2012 9:15 AM

Awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 7, 2012 7:57 PM

Wow! She's beautiful!

That did it, your picture inspired me to join this CAL :) This year I wanted to start my ami collection, and also use up my leftover bits of sock yarns. This CAL is perfect for that.

So I got started immediately. I just need to get the eyes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
HumorMe wrote
on Jan 8, 2012 7:43 AM

Okay, so my sweater took a back seat for a little while.  I have been "playing" with this sweater for months anyway, no need to rush to finish it now, right?

He is my test model.  I saw some awesome yarn that would make a really cute Pucker, so will see if it is still there the  next time I am in the shop. 

By the way, I was having an awful time getting the plastic washers to go onto the backs of the eyes!  Then I read a tip that saved the day.  Put the washers in a cup of very hot water (not boiling!) for a minute or so; they slide on easily, then!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 8, 2012 10:57 AM

Adorable! Obviously a master crocheter!! :o)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Jan 8, 2012 7:25 PM

Great tip for the plastic washer on the safety eyes!

Make everyday a day to Crochet!

Patty

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Jan 8, 2012 7:27 PM

RoseOfSharon,

So cute and adorable.  I agree with other posts on the eyelashes and bow.

Make everyday a day to Crochet!

Patty

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 9, 2012 9:31 AM

Thanks Patti! :o)  I had these cute eyes and the color matched the yarn I used. 

When I put them on I thought she needs some bows!  :o)  She's a fish diva! :o)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mizzjanet wrote
on Jan 9, 2012 5:40 PM

I'm in but unfortunately I miss the first one.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
gsbyrge wrote
on Jan 9, 2012 6:40 PM

I'm missing something - I can find a message telling me I can download the second pattern on Feb 1, but can't seem to find where to download January's goldfish.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
Paige524 wrote
on Jan 10, 2012 7:40 PM

She is SO cute!!! I love what you did to decorate her. Very, very cute!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 10, 2012 8:17 PM

HumorMe,

I always struggle with those safety eyes. The washers are almost impossible to put on.

Putting them in hot water is a great idea! I'll have to try that next time.

Thanks!

Blessings,

Denise

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Cocoonivus wrote
on Jan 11, 2012 11:20 PM

It looks like if we got the calendar late, we're out of luck when it comes to the goldfish pattern.

I only just received the calendar as a gift today. I was really excited, because I've been wanting to get into amigurumi for a while now, but hadn't settled on what book to get.

I was a little disappointed that the patterns weren't in the calendar itself. Ok, I can understand that the logistics of including the patterns made that difficult.

I can actually deal with downloading one pattern a month, that's how I was planning to make them. But please, can there be an option for those of us who never even knew about the calendar until now, because it was a gift?

Page 4 of 15 (222 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS