The Official 2012 Amigurumi Calendar Crochet-Along

This post has 221 Replies | 43 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 12, 2012 10:36 AM

Cocoonivus

If you go to the first post in this blog and reply to Roxanne I'm sure she will work something out with you.

Blessings,

Denise

Not Ranked
Posts 9
MariaM@2 wrote
on Jan 12, 2012 8:23 PM

Normally when you purchase a calendar like the 2012 Amigurumi Calendar you expect to have the patterns at the back of the calendar. I was very disappointed when I opened it up and found that not one single pattern was in the calendar. I didn't purchase this calendar because I needed a calendar, I purchased this calendar because I expected the patterns to be included in the calendar.

My calendar arrived today 12 January 2012, and I also find out that I cannot download any of the patterns till next month.

A disappointed and dissatisfied customer.

M.E.M.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 12, 2012 9:07 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a place you can go that you can access all the patterns if you have purchased the calendar.

If you reply to the first person on the first page of this blog...basically the person running this blog....she will let you know

how to access the patterns. I almost bought the calendar with the same idea as you but then I noticed that the patterns

weren't published in it and I said forget it. When they started this crochet along I was surprised but happy because I 

always thought the little stuffed animals were adorable. :o)

Not Ranked
Posts 9
MariaM@2 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 4:26 AM

For those of us who didn't receive the 2012 Amigurummi Calendar until 12 Jan 12 how do we get that first pattern--the fish?

M.E.M.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,217
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 5:51 PM

I can say with confidence that the amigurumi crochet-along is going to be delightful and incredibly fun all year long. I love all of the finished amigurumi I have already seen.

For those of you who have joined us but were too late to download the Pucker pattern, I understand how frustrating it can be to purchase the Amigurumi calendar or receive it as a gift in early January and find out that you are too late to join the amigurumi crochet-along. We are going to make the Pucker the Goldfish pattern available for free download January 30th at 10:00 a.m. central time through January 31st for you and any other members who would like to join us. This should give everyone who receives the calendar in January the opportunity to download the pattern.

The pattern for Pucker will be taken down and replaced with the pattern for Lovey the Lovely on February 1st.

You can also find all 12 of the calendar amigurumi in the Crochet Me presents the 2012 Amigurumi Calendar Projects in the Crochet Me shop.

I can’t wait to see more examples of these adorable amigurumi.

Best wishes,

Toni

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 14, 2012 10:01 AM

I am really enjoying this CAL!  :o)

So glad you are doing it! Thanks!! :o)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
HumorMe wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 1:46 PM

Hey, Denise, glad to share the tip!!

BTW, I have  to tell you all how much fun I had yesterday! I am always up for learning something new, and as a relatively inexperienced knitter, I was ecstatic to see a Fair Isle class offered at my LYS.  Fair Isle is a technique that I have been wanting to learn for a long time, but just haven't taken the time and initiative to start.  Yesterday was my first lesson, and what a treat!  The istructor is really down to earth, very helpful, fun to chat with, and since I am the only student this time around, I had her undivided attention.  What more could I want?  And so far, I am able to do everything.  The next class will be a lot more learning, including "anchoring the float."  Yeah, that's what I said – HUH?  Anyway, I'm so excited, and just had to share the joy.  We are making a Christmas stocking, so no need to worry about gauge or fit.  YIPPEEEEE!  My kind of project.  The pattern is Nancy Lindberg's "Christmas Socks (NL 3)," if you want to take a peek.  I promise to post pics when I am a little further along; right now there is not much show yet.

Okay off to work on the seams of my first knitted pullover sweater – lots of firsts this month!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 15, 2012 4:04 PM

HumorMe,

I looked up the Christmas sock you are knitting.

It looks like it will be so pretty when it is done.

I have done fairisle before. It was a sweater for a small

little girl. My friend took it with her on a trip to Russia and

gave it to a little girl in an orphanage she visited. It was made

with bright colors, The little girl was napping when my friend layed

it over her. She said the little girl was so happy when she woke up

and found it. It made all the work I put into it really worth it!! :o)

Blessings,

Denise

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
HumorMe wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 4:45 PM

What a sweet story, Denise!  Charity work is so rewarding, isn't it?  That is undoubtedly the nicest gift that little girl ever received.

So since you have done Fair Isle, does that mean I can bug you if I get stuck??????

And here is a pic of my first sweater, all sewn together (Finally!), long sleeves and all.  I knew I should make the sleeves shorter, but I got carried away with knitting them and didn't want to tear it out: <

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 16, 2012 8:52 AM

Wow! That is an awesome beautiful sweater!!!

I would buy that sweater and wear it all the time!

I love shawl collars and the colors are so beautiful!

You sure can ask anytime. I'm not an expert but I will 

help if I can and if not I direct you to some youtube videos!  ;o)

I can't get over how gorgeous that sweater is!! Superb job!

Blessings,

Denise

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 16, 2012 9:01 AM

I just wanted to say that I did the sleeves-too-long thing on a sweater I made for my DDH. (Dear DarlingHusband)

He was a good sport about it and wears the sweater all the time with the sleeves rolled up a million times! :o)

Your sleeves look perfect to me. I like to be able to roll them down to cover my hands when they get cold.

I'll take some pics of the sweater I made. You'll really laugh at the sleeves!! :o)

Blessings,

Denise

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
HumorMe wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 5:38 PM

Aw, Denise, you are such a sweetie!  What is it with long-sleeved sweaters, anyway?  Of course I do have rather short arms, and knew I should knit an inch or two less, but I just got carried away.

I will not see my Fair Isle instructor until tomorrow evening, so I'm going to send you a message on this board (if I can remember how!), to ask about anchoring floats.  While I am waiting between classes, I need something else to do, so started a teeny tiny sweater for my daughter's newest puppy, who is less than 2 lb. And since the pup is so darn cute, I am going to TRY to incorporate a little angel in Fair Isle (at least I think that's what I will be doing LOL!), on the back of the sweater.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
Paige524 wrote
on Jan 22, 2012 4:01 AM

Finished my fishy! Turned out really cute too :) Seems bigger than I thought though... I'm starting ot think I may have messed up the pattern a bit somehow. Oh well! hehe.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 22, 2012 5:58 AM

He looks so real!!  He looks like such a handsome guy to me.  ;o)

Superb job!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
on Jan 22, 2012 5:58 AM

He looks so real!!  He looks like such a handsome guy to me.  ;o)

Superb job!

Page 5 of 15 (222 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS