Crochet Charts

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
nanabet1 wrote
on Feb 26, 2012 2:50 PM

I donwloaded Lily Chin's Mosaic DVD.  At the very end she show how to create charts for the mosaic design.  What software is she using?  I loved DVD and have designed and crocheted a couple of things but had to use graph paper and "hit and miss" samples. 

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you

Betty Plott

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
joanne lewis wrote
on Feb 26, 2012 3:27 PM

hi iam joanne from the uk. iam sorry to bother you. iam new on this crochet site. not sure how it works. i dont have any replys from anybody. do i need to add people in as friends first any help is welcome thanks from joanne.Hmm 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
PamelaG@13 Star [*] wrote
on Feb 26, 2012 5:12 PM

Hi Joanne:

You don't need to add friends like you do on Facebook.  Just post your blog question and any of the members will reply to any of your questions or comments.  You can post any tips, ideas, anything new that you come across (always looking for a new idea Idea).  You can even post pictures of your own finished version Crochet Me/Interweave projects to the gallery. Or post your own original pattern.  Hope this helps.  Have fun looking around the site.Star

Not Ranked
Posts 10
rosco1937 wrote
on Jul 30, 2012 6:34 PM

Hi Joanne,

I love the photo of the blanket you posted.  I am making one that looks exactly like it, and I would like to finish it with a border like you made on yours. I would appreciate it if you would post the directions for the border. Thank you

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Aug 15, 2015 12:56 PM

Hi Betty,

I couldn't view the picture you had, but I do know about making charts.  If you have a version of Windows, you can easily make charts using the Excel program.  This is what you do:  Decide how big you want your chart - how many squares high and how many square wide. Create a new Excel workbook (same as document in word), and highlight/select the amount of columns and rows based on how many squares you will need.  You highlight by clicking on the first cell and dragging the mouse to the right and down.  Once this is highlighted, go to the bar menu and click on format.  Under format, click on rows.  This should allow you to edit the height of the rows you have highlighted.  I like to use 0.13 because it is close to 1/8 inch.  For editing the columns, click on format again, click on columns, and adjust with width to match the height of the rows.  Td Da!  Now you have your graph.  Next, you will need to find borders.  It's in different places in different versions of windows.  If you can't locate it, click the help button and put in borders.  Once you have your graph and borders all set up, you can start filling it in with whatever picture you want.   Look for a little paint bucket that says fill.  This, too, is in different places on different versions of windows.  To fill it in, click on a square, click on the fill menu and pick a color.  Repeat this until you are done with the design.

I hope this helps

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS