The Official Sir Stephen the Bunny Crochet-along

This post has 40 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
hesterbox wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 8:11 PM

I wasn't sure how to add text with the photo so I've commented separately.

The colour of the yarn in the ball is pretty accurate.

As you can see i finished the head so i think I'll catch up.

And Hi everyone-I'm Hester from New Zealand.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Mar 27, 2012 6:43 AM

Hesterbox, nice job on the bunny! You are using a wool blend, right?  Your stitching looks great.

Make everyday a day to Crochet!

Patty

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
hesterbox wrote
on Mar 27, 2012 1:06 PM

Thanks, pattyb1.

I think it is a wool blend. The yarn had no labels as I got it from a thrift shop. Feels like wool. I might try the burn test out of curiosity.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
dmeade wrote
on Mar 31, 2012 11:50 AM

Thanks Toni but I have figured it out.  Plan to start putting Sir Stephen together this weekend.  Hope to post a picture soon.

Doris

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Mar 31, 2012 5:51 PM

I went with 'vintage colors' (cream and tan) for the bunny, but fell in love with a print for his vest, it is springy!  Almost done with the parts, will try to finish tonight (gotta watch the NCAA Basketball....go Bucs)  Toni, thanks for putting the quick CAL together, what's next?

Patty

Not Ranked
Posts 5
BearyAnn wrote
on Mar 31, 2012 10:58 PM

I am making the legs and have a question.  Am I making the leg in main color, then later making soles which will be sewn over the bottom of the leg?  It doesn't make sense to me. The confusion comes in with the words "sew a sole on bottom of each leg to close".  Since we are starting with ch 4 and making a ring, it is already closed. This leads to me think we are working with an open tube.    Logic tells me it is like the arms and the sole is made beginning with color A then changing to main color.  Please advise.

ANSWER FOUND!!!  I just saw the pictures from another participant.  I should have read the pattern through, Rule #1, I know.  I was picturing the beginning as the foot, but instead it is the hip.  Sorry for the panic.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 6:38 AM

These are my pieces, I hope this helps you.  As I understood the pattern, the arms begin with the 'hands' (lighter color) and open end is what will be finished & attached to body (MC).  The legs begin at the end that would be attached to the bodyn(MC) and the sole (lighter color) is sewn on after stuffing.  Now looking at my vest, it looks way too big, so I may have to 'frog' it and make with smaller hook, we'll see.  I also made the vest working in 'back loop only' just to give it a different look.  Good Luck!

Patty

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 6:39 AM

Hesterbox, just wanted you to know, your kitty makes me smile!

Patty

Not Ranked
Posts 5
BearyAnn wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 8:41 PM

After a couple of brain freeze moments, I have all the pieces complete.  I am ready to bring Sir Stephen to life.  One of the hardest things for me to do when making dolls, bears or bunnies is create personality with the faces.  I hope to learn some techniques in this forum.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
dmeade wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 8:49 PM

I agree with you about the personality part of making stuffed animals.  I have all the components ready to go also.  Went out today and got the necessary buttons to join the body with the legs and arms.  Hope to spend some time tomorrow working on getting Sir Stephen together and bringing him to life.  Good luck with yours.  I also need to figure out how to post pictures here. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Doris

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
hesterbox wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 11:08 PM

I have finished the head and body. I have about 3 projects on the go at the moment so I'm doing this one in between. I think I'll just stick to the schedule as it makes it a nice relaxed project for me. Usually I rush to finish things or give up on them so pacing myself to a schedule is a new experience. I like it.

pattyb1 I'm glad my cat makes you laugh-he makes us laugh too. He is a great character.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
BearyAnn wrote
on Apr 3, 2012 5:42 PM

Here he is! Meet Sir Stephen the Floppy Earred Rabbit.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Apr 3, 2012 5:44 PM

He is adorable! I just want to pick him up and give him a hug. Great job!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
dmeade wrote
on Apr 3, 2012 8:10 PM

Your "Mr. Stephen" is fabulous.  Great stitches!!  Hope mine turns out as good as yours.  This will be my first bunny and he is for ME!

DorisSmile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Apr 4, 2012 5:37 PM

Well here he is in his very bunny best spring vest!  I did get his buttons on too, just not in time for his photo shoot!

Patty

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS