Question about yarn

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Nachoqtpie wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 6:45 AM

So, my mother has cancer, and because of the chemo treatments she's lost her hair. I found this really neat hat that I want to crochet her (since I don't know how to knit! Stick out tongue) which is located here (http://lovestitches.blogspot.com/2011/11/pattern-crochet-hat-for-my-mom.html

It seems to be a pretty straight forward pattern, tho I may need a little help as I really am just a beginner, my question is... where can I find a REALLY soft yarn to make this pattern? She has no hair, so I want it to be really soft and not scratchy like acrylic can be. She's a knitter and I would usually go to her with these sorts of questions... but since it's a surprise, I can't ask her! 

Thanks in advance guys! <3

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Imajean wrote
on May 4, 2014 4:01 PM

Vanna Whites yarn is nice and soft and she has some nice colors too.  It is made by Lion Brand if you aren't familiar with it.  I have made dozens of hats with it and the knit hats can be done with one skein.  Crochet may take two skeins, the solid colors may have more yards but the skein of oceania that I have here is blue with a pink and green thread running thru it and it is 121 yards.  Caron Co. Simply Soft is very soft also and the skeins are even bigger.  The variegated which I have in front of me has 208 yards.  Good Luck with it.  Imajean

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS