fisherman ripple afghan

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamacat1959 wrote
on Oct 30, 2012 9:35 PM

Does anyone have the pattern for the fisherman ripple afghan?  Several people kindly sent me the pattern # 5306 fisherman ripple from Herrschners, unfortunately it is not the pattern I have been looking for.  The one I'm looking for has rows of regular ripple and then it has rows of lacy ripple, it does not have anything like the popcorn stitch in it. Thanks for any help anyone can give.  Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 559
Char55 wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 12:44 PM

I'm sorry but I did not send you a pattern that has a popcorn stitch in it...Herrschners pattern #5306 is the right pattern...it has a "v" stitch (1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc). The pattern (which you have to remember was published in the 70s) calls the "V" stitch a "shell" stitch, but it clearly defines it as (1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc) which is today commonly known as a "V" stitch. I've made it several times myself and it has only rows of ripple crochet separated by 3 rows of lacy crochet.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
marstn wrote
on Jan 16, 2015 9:50 PM

Don't know if you have been helped or not. When I was cleaning out one of my closets, I found a kit that I purchased years ago, it is the National Yarn Crafts No. 2408-01 Fisherman Ripple Afghan Crochet Kit. It says to use a #6 Crochet Hook. The yarn in the kit is 100% Acrylic. The yarn is 3 ply/30 oz.

Finished size is 45 X 62 in. (114 X 157 CM) There are 8 skeins in the kit.

If you are still looking for the pattern, let me know. I can scan the instructions in for you; It is a beautiful pattern, that's how I found your letter. I wanted to compare it to others before I took on this project. it was originally purchased for my daughter back in the 70's. The yarn is kind of between off-white and tan.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS