how do I

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Chely Earle wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 8:28 PM

I'm trying to make a blanket outta squares.. well,  I ch 27,  and hds up 18.. making it a lil square.. I want boarder around My lil square, but every time, I try something it makes my boarder wrinkling. I have tried putting 1 St in every one hole all away around but of coarse I'm doing my corners 3 hds,ch 2 then 3 more hds... then my second row I tried to put 1 hds in the first hole and 2 hds in the next hole and that way, all the way around. I tried 2 hds in each hole, like u would a hat but that made a big hump.. I'm just lost plz help, so I can work on my blanket.. sry can't put a pic up, cuz, I'm using a cellphone

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Chely Earle wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 11:43 PM

I just tried... first row. 1hds in the first hole then 2 hds in the second hole until the corner.. I'm skipping one st before and after my corner.. then for my second row I did 1hds in every hole and I got the wrinkle again....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 506
Char55 wrote
on Nov 19, 2012 9:27 AM

When I do a border on a square, I just do 1 st (hdc or dc or sc, whichever you are using) in each stitch across top; each row down the side; each stitch across the bottom; and in each row down the other side. I simply use 3 stitches in each corner.

When I do the second row I do 1 stitch in each stitch of the previous row. When I get to the 3 stitches in the corner I work 1st in the first, 3 sts in the second, 1 st and in the 3rd. It usually keeps it flat that way.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Chely Earle wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 10:21 PM

Thank you.. Sorry took me so long to write back..had problem with my phone

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 506
Char55 wrote
on Dec 14, 2012 9:01 AM

You're welcome...hope it turns out beautifully for you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS