Where can I find the "anatomy" of stitches?? Help! :)

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
lutzpd wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 6:31 PM

Hello there!  I'm a self taught crocheter, and have been at it for about 2 years now.  I'm having a blast and am trying to learn how to do the more intermediate/complicated patterns.  

Currently I am working on an earflap hat (a pattern that I found at redheart.com.    I understand how to do all of the stitches, which are dc2tog, Fpdc, Bpdc.  But, the pattern is making me doubt my self-taught skills.  lol  

I am in search of something I can look at that would be list and show every part of the stiitch.  For example; i have done one pattern where the author included the "anatomy" of the stitch in a sketch, as to what was the post and which stitch was part of that post, such as in the pic below: 

I am searching for something like this, but that would show me further details... specifically, if part of the pattern reads:

"ch 3, dc in next stitch, 2 Fpdc in next stitch, "dc in next 2 sts, 2 Fpdc in next st, repeat from * around; join with slip st in top of ch-3"

I need to know which is the "next stitch" after I do the Fpdc? I thought I knew, but I keep ending up with too many or too little stitches at the end of the rounds and I've pulled my work out no less than 4 times now!!  Ack!  I need help!  lol 

If anyone has info on where I might find something like this, please let me know!  Thank you for your time!!  :) 

PS - I did go to Dummies.com where the above photo was pulled from, but I still couldn't locate what I'm looking for.  :/Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
Chester2010 wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 4:52 PM

This is the best I've seen.

I agree with you, most front post double crochet stitch tutorials stop with one stitch.  I was left with questions, too.

I hope you like this.  It helped me.

http://rensfibreart.wordpress.com/handy-crochet-tips-tricks-2/stitch-overview/

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS