The Official Solar Wrap Crochet-Along

This post has 11 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 128
Sarah Read wrote
on Jun 10, 2013 3:52 PM

Hello Crocheters!

When bombarded with irresistible crochet projects, I find the best solution is to just start. Dive in. So I did. Join me?

Solar Wrap by Daniela Nii  

I'll be making the Solar Wrap, designed by Daniela Nii. It's an adorable motif wrap with a fun construction, working a row of partial motifs then wrapping back around to finish them, just like a swirling sun storm. The wee motifs are addictive-I keep picking it up to work another without even thinking about it.

I'll try to wait to crank out any more tiny motifs until the start date. No promises, though.

Best,

Sarah

Interweave Crochet Summer 2013 CAL: Solar Wrap by Daniela Nii

Getting Started:

Finished Size: About 141/2" wide and 65" long.

Yarn: Austermann Algarve (100% Mako cotton mercerized and gassed; 155 yd [142 m]/13/4 oz [50 g]; CYCA #1): #0036, 6 skeins. Yarn distributed by Skacel.

Hook Size: E/4 (3.5 mm). Adjust hook size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.

Notions: Yarn needle.

Gauge: 1 motif = 21/2" square worked through Rnd 5 of long strip; blocked.

Schedule:

June 20-30: Pick out yarn.

July 1-31: Make long strips.

August 1-15: Make short strips.

August 15-31: Join strips, block, dance party.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Kitten@4 wrote
on Jun 14, 2013 3:57 PM

Hi Sarah, It looks complicated, but I will give it a try, because it looks so beautiful.  

Tara

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
NandiBC wrote
on Jun 25, 2013 11:36 AM

Oh goodie, it's not too late for me to join up with this CAL.  Should I buy the yarn on my own, or do I purchase it through "offical" channels?

Thanks!

Nandi

Quote: I'ts never too late, just kinda sorta!

PS - ! will just go ahead and purchase the yarn ASAP!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
skadleck wrote
on Jun 25, 2013 1:02 PM

Hello,

I'll participate too. It's a pretty wrap. I've ordered my yarn and am waiting for it to arrive.

-S

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 128
Sarah Read wrote
on Jun 27, 2013 2:33 PM

Yay ordering yarn! I'm excited to work on mine more.

What colors are you all using?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
NandiBC wrote
on Jun 28, 2013 12:40 AM

Am waiting to receive a color named "Red Hat Purple". It's from HiKoo and is the same Co Ba Si yarn you wanted to try. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
nikkisstudio wrote
on Jul 8, 2013 1:12 AM

Hi Sarah,

I am so excited and honored to find my Solar Wrap design being picked for the official Interweave CAL! Thank you! :)

I hope you all will have as much fun as I had crocheting this wrap with its unusual construction. I'll peek in from time to time to see how things are going and to admire your wonderful work. :)

Happy Crocheting,

Daniela

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 128
Sarah Read wrote
on Jul 8, 2013 12:38 PM

So glad to see you here, Daniela!

We're having a great time so far!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
pbnbea wrote
on Jul 19, 2013 10:48 AM

I am joining, tho it's a little late. This is a challenging pattern and already my fingers HURT! So I will do it pretty slowly...but since it is something I've never tried before, I am excited to see it develop. It is SUCH a pretty motif! I am using Katia Jaipur 100% cotton thread, I just hope the color stream looks pretty with the strips.I will post a photo of my progress, just to be sure I am doing it right!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 200
on Jul 31, 2013 9:55 PM

Hey to all!

I would love to join this CAL. Where do I get the pattern?

If you don't challenge yourself, you don't grow.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
nikkisstudio wrote
on Aug 4, 2013 8:09 PM

The pattern is currently available through the Interweave Crochet Summer 2013 issue: http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/143071.aspx.

Cheers, Daniela

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Oct 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Where do I get the pattern?

Please advise

Heidi

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS